Cost of Taxi to West Bay Beach (Isle of Rotan)

jtwanabe

Anyone know the cost of a taxi to West Bay Beach Isle of Rotan? I will be soloing. I've looked at Bodden's tours but I really just want to get to the beach and not do all the other stuff.

Safety considerations ..... I'm a guy. :cool:

Thanks in advance,

JT

Edited by jtwanabe

Anyone know the cost of a taxi to West Bay Beach Isle of Rotan? I will be soloing. I've looked at Bodden's tours but I really just want to get to the beach and not do all the other stuff.

Thanks in advance,

JT

Can't really help a solo. If you fill a cab with 4 people you can usually find one for about $25/pp. and the driver hangs all day until you are ready to return.

Thanks in advance,

JT

Rony Tours does a beach shuttle... you would be traveling with other so not paying solo prices for a cab. Hmm it seems his price is $60 for one even though you are going with others.. that seems odd. Perhaps tossing him an email would help understanding.

I do not believe safety is about where you are but about who you are, if one behaves in a safe manner, one will likely be safe. If one forgets they are a guest in a third world county and behaves in a unsafe manner.. chances are you will be noticed.

It may be worth your while to have a chat with your roll call, see if you can tag along with others going to West Bay, or West End..if you can get to West End you can take the water taxi to West Bay.

Is $25/pp one way or round trip? thanks!

Taxi rates are not regulated, often times haggling is part of the experience. As said about I have seen rates of $25pp for 4 people, round trip with the driver staying with you if that is your choice. I am not sure of those rates were from Coxen Hole of Mahogany Bay.

If you are docking in Mahogany Bay it makes better sense to have a private driver, the cost is not much more and you can do as you please. Bodden and Rony come to mind.