3 days in Tokyo

calliopecruiser

I'm looking towards a stay in Tokyo next April for 3 or 4 days before a cruise........any suggestions for areas of Tokyo or hotels to consider? I'm looking towards Shibuya or Shinjuku, but others have also suggested Ginza (especially since nightlife isn't really in my plans as a solo female traveler). I'd like to stay in the 18,000 Yen a night range, but would probably go higher for a great place (and less would be great, but I'm too claustrophobic for those tiny 100 sq ft rooms that some hotels have.........I can't even imagine a capsule hotel!).

I'm looking towards a stay in Tokyo next April for 3 or 4 days before a cruise........any suggestions for areas of Tokyo or hotels to consider? I'm looking towards Shibuya or Shinjuku, but others have also suggested Ginza (especially since nightlife isn't really in my plans as a solo female traveler). I'd like to stay in the 18,000 Yen a night range, but would probably go higher for a great place (and less would be great, but I'm too claustrophobic for those tiny 100 sq ft rooms that some hotels have.........I can't even imagine a capsule hotel!).

We stayed at a great hotel near Tokyo Station. My Son had stayed there on business and loved it (he works for a Japanese company).

It is the Hotel Metropolitan Marunouchi

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1066443-d653033-Reviews-s1-Hotel_Metropolitan_Tokyo_Marunouchi-Chiyoda_Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kanto.html

The cost was very reasonable and they had a very nice breakfast buffet.

Also, there are many excellent low cost restaurants very near the hotel. Further, you can walk to Ginza area or take public transport easily from Tokyo Station.

For tours, I recommend JTB Sunrise tours. We loved the Tokyo Panorama tour as well as Nikko and Kamakura.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely recommend Shinjuku as it is easy to get around for sightseeing and also much easier to grab an evening meal. Tokyu stay is great. They have many hotels around Tokyo but, once again, their new hotel in Shinjuku (opened in May last year) is a perfect location. Just be sure to go for the Shinjuku one (Shinjuku sanchome) and not the south Shinjuku one.