FLL - what happened w/my families flight

joyful34

My brother & his wife were flying from Detroit to FLL, arriving at 3pm. Their cruise leaves tomorrow from Miami.

At 1:10 my phone alerts me that there was a shooting at the airport. I text my brother & of course he is still in the air & I cant reach him.

I alert my Dad & he informs me that my half sister is also on a flight headed to FLL arriving at 3pm. WTH are the odds of that??

After all is said and done, all of my family members are safe and sound this evening thank goodness. However, I want to tell anyone who will listen that we tracked their flights on Spirit and Delta and the info was not reliable.

In both cases their flights were listed online as though they had landed. However my brothers flight was diverted before he got to FLL & my sisters flight actually touched down and then immediately took off again without coming to a stop.

During the reports of the possible "2nd shooting in the parking garage" is when we learned of the flights being on the ground at FLL.

Of course it was a confusing day for everyone involved in flights to FLL, not to mention the terror in the airport and for their family members. I just want to advise everyone that the information coming out of the airlines is not necessarily 100% accurate during the chaos.

My brother & his wife were flying from Detroit to FLL, arriving at 3pm. Their cruise leaves tomorrow from Miami.

At 1:10 my phone alerts me that there was a shooting at the airport. I text my brother & of course he is still in the air & I cant reach him.

I alert my Dad & he informs me that my half sister is also on a flight headed to FLL arriving at 3pm. WTH are the odds of that??

After all is said and done, all of my family members are safe and sound this evening thank goodness. However, I want to tell anyone who will listen that we tracked their flights on Spirit and Delta and the info was not reliable.

In both cases their flights were listed online as though they had landed. However my brothers flight was diverted before he got to FLL & my sisters flight actually touched down and then immediately took off again without coming to a stop.

During the reports of the possible "2nd shooting in the parking garage" is when we learned of the flights being on the ground at FLL.

Of course it was a confusing day for everyone involved in flights to FLL, not to mention the terror in the airport and for their family members. I just want to advise everyone that the information coming out of the airlines is not necessarily 100% accurate during the chaos.

Flights are being diverted.

Our flight was due to land at 4 and we were diverted to Orlando. While we were flying to Orlando our pilot kept us informed and we had free Wi-Fi to watch the news feeds and text family. My daughter in Sacramento reserved us a rental car. We just arrived in Ft. Lauderdale about a half hour ago. Five hours late but safe and sound. We just have to return a rental car we didn't need or want originally. Very thankful we are safe. Praying for the victims that are not tonight.

Our flight was due to land at 4 and we were diverted to Orlando. While we were flying to Orlando our pilot kept us informed and we had free Wi-Fi to watch the news feeds and text family. My daughter in Sacramento reserved us a rental car. We just arrived in Ft. Lauderdale about a half hour ago. Five hours late but safe and sound. We just have to return a rental car we didn't need or want originally. Very thankful we are safe. Praying for the victims that are not tonight.

Thanks for the update, glad you made it OK. Echo your thoughts on for victims and families.

Sent from my iPad using Forums