Theme nights

Adelen

Hi everyone- we are on MSC Preziosa for 7 nights in about 3 weeks (very excited) and never having sailed on MSC b4 I'm not sure about Theme nights. Do many guests dress up? I am correct in thinking the nights are flower-power/hippy and white night. Also Italian night?

And on the same thread if anyone wants to reassure me that the reviews are al written by people who would moan about ANYTHING that'd be great! And also tell me what to look forward to the most! And any odd thing I should pack that I might not think of.

We just have a normal balcony cabin, not Yacht class or anything like that. We got the next class up from Bella (think it was Fantasia or something like that) Cabin 11189.

Adele (New Zealand)

No-one dresses for "60's, 70's, 80's"/Party night, quite a number do for "White Night" (presumably as most have some white with them, anyway) and, depending on the amount of Italians onboard, you'll see red, white and green about the ship on Italian night.

Gala nights are a hard one to call. I've been on sailings where I felt totally out of place dressed up and others where there was much better adherence to the dress code. My DH didn't bring his dinner suit on our April East Med sailing - we saw very few DJs on formal nights. A lot of men don't bother at all now to even wear a jacket, let alone a shirt and tie. So anything goes - even on "Gala" nights.

I can't say if the reviews you've read are from those who like to moan but I have met people on MSC ships who've said "Never again!" MSC was just not for them. Most complaints are about food. I just have to wonder what they eat at home if even the buffet doesn't satisfy them. All I can say is I've done 11 with MSC with 5 more booked in the coming 10 months! I've tried Celebrity and Carnival - they weren't for me!!

Preziosa is a beautiful ship. Here's something I posted on another thread you may want to keep in mind:

One thing Preziosa has is an extra elevator which is almost hidden. You'll find one on either side of the ship just aft of the atrium area and before the Golden Lobster dining room. What's different about these lift areas is that you cannot cross from one side of the ship to the other, like you would at the regular lift shafts. Hence, people tend to miss them! When walking past the recessed area there's a mirror on the wall so you don't notice the elevator door on the side. They're often referred to as "the secret elevators" and they are not clearly marked on the deck plans. You need to look very closely on the plans at decks 5, 6 and 7 to see the word 'lift' in two adjacent squares. Look to the right of 'La Caramella' on deck 6 to see exactly where it is - then follow the shaft up through the deck plan to see what cabin numbers it will service.

This elevator will actually be convenient for you as an alternative to the central, very busy, one - especially when heading out from your cabin to the dining room (that's if you're assigned to the Golden Lobster, which I reckon you will be). The deck plans don't show which cabin numbers it's nearest, so I suggest you get this elevator up to deck 11 and note the cabin number nearest the exit so you'll know when you leave your cabin where to head to so you won't miss the entrance to it! It's easily done when you're not familiar with the ship.

You have a very nicely situated cabin indeed. It's midships and on the hump so not too affected by the overhang.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise - don't let little things spoil it. Accept that nothing in life's perfect and focus on the positives and you should be fine. :)

Here's a link to a thread about Divina's "secrets. She is similar in layout to Preziosa so there may be one or two nuggets of info which apply:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2242273&highlight=divina+secrets

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

Wow! Beamafar! You've made my day. Yes I have always thought that with a positive attitude most experiences can be enjoyed. Thank you for taking the time to give me tips to enhance my cruise :)