Transportation from FLL Airport to Ship

mommylynn

We are arriving in FLL at 5am on the day of our cruise, so we won't be at a hotel. We have no idea how far it is to the port in Ft. Lauderdale. Would it be a reasonable taxi ride or is there some other transporation option. I'm not really keen on the ship's transfer buses. We've found them to be rather expensive and becaue of so many people coming in at different times, you can sometimes spend quite a while at the airport sitting on a bus waiting for it to fill up. Thanks for any and all input.:o

Taxis are the best method in FLL. The port is maybe a 15 minute taxi ride away.

The one issue you will have is with a 5am arrival that will be way too early to head to the pier. You might consider getting a rental car which would allow you to go get breakfast and make any stops along the way - at your own pace.

We are arriving in FLL at 5am on the day of our cruise, so we won't be at a hotel. We have no idea how far it is to the port in Ft. Lauderdale. Would it be a reasonable taxi ride or is there some other transporation option. I'm not really keen on the ship's transfer buses. We've found them to be rather expensive and becaue of so many people coming in at different times, you can sometimes spend quite a while at the airport sitting on a bus waiting for it to fill up. Thanks for any and all input.:o

I agree with wrp96, you're way too early to go to the ship. If it were me, I'd take my time getting off the plane (luggage..., etc.), then have your breakfast in the airport. Sometime around 10 A.M., I'd go outside and get a taxi or...

You might consider getting a rental car which would allow you to go get breakfast and make any stops along the way - at your own pace. Today 03:08 PM from WRP!

A very good idea!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to both of you for your input. I realized we couldn't go to the pier at 5am, but had no idea how far it was--15 minutes or two hours. Thanks for letting me know. Taxi sounds like the right way to go, we'll probably just hang out at the airport until 10 or so. Our last cruise started boarding around 11, don't know yet about this one.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!

:)

Archived