How Far to French Side from Port?

Hello,

We will be in St. Maarten this coming Sunday and we have no tour booked. We've been there before and planned on roaming at our leisure.

How far is it to the French side from the port by taxi? Anyone know how much they would charge approximately for two people?

Also, what is good to see on the French side?

We wanted to check it out and then zip back to Phillipsburg for shopping/lunch, then back to the ship.

Thanks!

Hello,

We will be in St. Maarten this coming Sunday and we have no tour booked. We've been there before and planned on roaming at our leisure.

How far is it to the French side from the port by taxi? Anyone know how much they would charge approximately for two people?

Also, what is good to see on the French side?

We wanted to check it out and then zip back to Phillipsburg for shopping/lunch, then back to the ship.

Thanks!

Marigot is about 30 minutes, Grand Case 45 and Orient Beach 25 and Baie Rouge about 40 minutes and Anse Marcel 35 minutes if you go the fast way.

Personally I would lunch in Grand Case. As for shopping on a Sunday I guess if there are lots of ship in the shops may be open but it's usually pretty quiet in Phillipsburg on a Sunday.

• 1 month later...

I just read that it is about $8/per person each way for a taxi from the port to Maho beach and $10/person each way from the port to orient. Don't quite me since I don't know this from personal experience, but I read it on these boards :)

I also read you can take the city bus to Maho for $2/per person, but cannot take the bus to Orient. When I was there 10 years ago we took the city bus but apparently that's no longer an option.

There's also a place called Loterie farm in St Maarten where you can zipline and the taxi ride is $10/person each way. The city bus does not go there according to the employees at Loterie.

I just read that it is about $8/per person each way for a taxi from the port to Maho beach and $10/person each way from the port to orient. Don't quite me since I don't know this from personal experience, but I read it on these boards :)

I believe that these taxi rates are still valid:

th_sxmtaxirates.jpg

(click)

gary

• 1 month later...
I believe that these taxi rates are still valid:

th_sxmtaxirates.jpg

(click)

gary

Hi Gary,

Where in Marigot does the taxi drop you off? is it near shopping/the pastry place? My wife wants to go to the french side and do a bit of shopping9I figured I may as well sample some pastries as well ;))on our next cruise. Are taxis for the return trip readily available?

I just want to get back to Phillisburg in time to get some bottles of Guavaberry liquor and browse around a bit:).

Thanks in advance.