Puntarenas Aerial Tram questions

Denis54

This tour is pretty expensive. Do you recommend it?

How long does the gondola ride lasts?

From what I have read the gondola goes up a mountain. Is that right? If so, how to we come back down the mountain?

Do you recommend the tour that includes return by bus or the Tarcoles River cruise?

How long does the Tarcoles River cruise lasts?

Hello, O.P. You might do better with this question over in the Costa Rica threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198

I did an excursion with the aerial tram ride, zip lining and the river (crocodiles) tour, and LOVED it! (We set it up privately, rather than a ship's excursion.)

I'd say check the link above, and I'll bet you find all the information you want. :)

We did that tour. The tram is round trip, about 1/2 hour, then a tour of the grounds, lunch afterwards in same location. Bu takes you to Tarcoles river and you are on a small boat, narrated. See all kinds of birds and very up close to hundreds of Crocs. Then bus ride back to ship. A really nice day.

We did that tour. The tram is round trip, about 1/2 hour, then a tour of the grounds, lunch afterwards in same location. Bu takes you to Tarcoles river and you are on a small boat, narrated. See all kinds of birds and very up close to hundreds of Crocs. Then bus ride back to ship. A really nice day.

We also did this and it was fantastic! There are tons of crocs and really close up. Tram ride was nice, meal was great, boat ride into the mangrove forest was amazing. Don't forget the camera. :)

We also did the combined Tarcoles River boat trip, lunch, and rainforest aerial tram trip up (and down) the hill. For us, it was in that order, with about 2 hr in the boat and almost 1 hr on the tram. We did it in March 2013. It was excellent, as described by previous posters. For best visibility from the boat (especially for birds), try for the front row. In the aerial tram, a row closer to the back may be better as the guide sits at the back and those seated toward the back have a better chance of seeing what the guide is trying to point out.

John

I thought the whole trip was about 30 minutes but I could be wrong.

It goes up and down very slowly so you can take photos. There is 8 people in each tram sitting two by two. They sit you according to your size, for balance. Don't worry, you won't get weighed.There is a guide in the tram and he narrates the whole trip. Then he is also your guide through the grounds . Nice that we were in small groups for this portion.A photo of your group is taken while on the tram and is for sale. We bought ours because it was a nice souvenir.

How much time do you spend in the tram? Is it 30 minutes going up plus another 30 minutes coming down or is it 30 minutes total?

The notes I took shortly after the tram tour last March say "Duration: about 1 hr". I am not sure how precise I was in noting the times, but in any case, that was for the round trip up and then back down. As "San Diego Sue" said, you may be directed to a particular row in the tram, but my recollection is that some people had at least a limited degree of personal choice of rows when we were there.

John

Edited by J-D

• 2 weeks later...

I did an excursion with the aerial tram ride, zip lining and the river (crocodiles) tour, and LOVED it! (We set it up privately, rather than a ship's excursion.)

Seafun, could you tell us which tour company you booked with to get the tram ride AND zip-lining...and the river tour?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Hello, O.P. You might do better with this question over in the Costa Rica threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198

I'd say check the link above, and I'll bet you find all the information you want. :)

Would like to know what the name of the tour operator was for this tour, please?