What to wear on embarkation day?

buddybean11

This will be my first cruise so I am not the expert, but I have read tons of threads on here and decided to wear one of my sundresses for embarkation day. I will pack my swimsuit in my carry-on in case I want to dip in the pool while I wait for my luggage. The thing about a sundress is that with everything being so casual the first day I can wear it to dinner (way nicer than my jean shorts!) and it can double as a cover-up for my swimsuit. If I owned "nice" shorts I would consider wearing them with a pretty top. I will probably wear my pretty flat sandals either way.

you are cruising NCL~FREESTYLE and the dress every night of the week is cruise/resort casual...you will fit in just fine!!

IDK if you stated your cruiseline so I can only comment on Carnival, But ppl wear whatever they want to board. I have NEVER seen anyone board in a jacket and dress pants (that's so not a Carnival thing... Princess maybe but not Carnival:confused:). Remember that you're walking alot on day one. I usually wear flip flops and a sundress or capri sweats. I wore denim long shorts (gap) and my wedding group tshirt (dare I say tshirt:eek:) along w/ 40 other ppl on my last embarkation day.

So be comfy. No matter what you have on the 1st pic is ALWAYS ADORABLE bc you are super happy to be boarding the ship. Happy Sailing!!!

• 2 years later...

I have a large, single design tattoo on my upper arm, that stretches from almost shoulder to two inches above my elbow. In the MDR of course I will plan on cardigans, little jackets or 3/4 length sleeves to cover it up. However, I have a favorite little dress with sleeves that doesn't quite cover it all and I can't wear a jacket or shawl with (the beading and embroidery will pick). Will I be turned away if any of it is showing?