Transportation - to/from Maho Beach

moonltnite

On our last cruise to St. Maarten, we used Bernard Tours for an Island Tour. One of the stops was Maho Beach - which we loved!

Has anyone used a particular cab company to go to Maho Beach on their own?

We were thinking of going early (Sunset Bar & Grill there serves breakfast) as soon as we can disembark - and then return early afternoon to the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if there are particular cab companies - I think they are largely owner operated. Anyway, the large planes ( what most people want to see) usually do not start arriving until about noon, so you might have a slow morning with your eggs Benedict. If Maho is your only goal, you might want a leisurely start to your day, have lunch there, then head back at about two or so.

There certainly does not seem to be any problem getting a cab at most places on the island - possible exceptions being Pinel Island ferry, Baie Rouge, and other remote beaches. - where you would want to have pre-arranged pick ups.

Depends on how thrifty you are. We have taken the bus to Maho beach a couple of times. You do need to get to town, either walk or take the water taxi. There is a bus stop on back street on the pier side of town (back street is the second street from the water). The destination will be posted in the window of the bus which will be a van. I'm not sure of the current fare since it's been awhile. Be sure to greet the other passengers with a good morning/afternoon.