Lerin

Cruise options for next year.

Any pros/ cons to these ports?

1) Miami-San Juan/ Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Nassau

2) Miami-San Juan/ Puerto Rico, Great Stirrup Cay

3) Miami- Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, Nassau

4) Miami-Bermuda(3 days)

All are 7 days.

We've been to Nassau which we actually like.

Also been to St. Thomas and Bermuda but a LONG time ago and would love to go back.

We will be traveling with a group of family with age ranges of 8 months to 70 years. 2 couples in their 40s, 3 kids, 2 singles in their 30s, 2 singles in their 50s and 1 70 year old.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

I too am considering the Bermuda itinerary but it really is a 2 day stay in Bermuda.

Amazing how they always slip Nassau in there somehow...

I have never been to Bermuda so can't say, but am interested to go.

Is everyone flying in? What about departing from NY or MD for Bermuda; longer port times? Is that an option?

Of the other options I'd probably go for the San Juan / Great Stirrup Cay IF that one also includes St.Maarten (doesn't it normally?). That, IMO is a great itin. St.Maarten is great, GSC a laidback beach day, and old San Juan is just a great place to roam and visit the forts.

The only negative to me is a port stop the day before disembarking; but that holds for all lines that do that.

Thanks for the response.

Some of us are flying but others are driving so leaving from Florida makes the most sense in that regard.

We have heard good things about Great Stirrup Cay so that is something to consider.

I too am considering the Bermuda itinerary but it really is a 2 day stay in Bermuda.

Amazing how they always slip Nassau in there somehow...

I have never been to Bermuda so can't say, but am interested to go.

Is everyone flying in? What about departing from NY or MD for Bermuda; longer port times? Is that an option?

Of the other options I'd probably go for the San Juan / Great Stirrup Cay IF that one also includes St.Maarten (doesn't it normally?). That, IMO is a great itin. St.Maarten is great, GSC a laidback beach day, and old San Juan is just a great place to roam and visit the forts.

The only negative to me is a port stop the day before disembarking; but that holds for all lines that do that.

Maxwell,,,Divina is porting in St. Thomas next year instead of St. Maartin.:(

I wish Divina would port in GSC the first day instead of the last though. I would rather have a sea day before disembarkation day than a port day.

The Bermuda cruise, which I am taking in 2016 is really 1.5 days in Bermuda port. Arrive 8pm on a Monday, and leave 12 noon on Wednesday. Monday is shot. Tuesday all day and night in port, leaving 1/2 a day Wednesday to finish up the shore experience.

1 day in Nassau.

Edited by FireEater

The only date that I have seen for Divina to Bermuda is April 2016. Not sure if there are other dates but April is way too cool for Bermuda. It is not swimming weather. Royal, Celebrity, Norwegian all go from New York. I have done the latter two one in mid May and the other in June. Mid May is too soon and June is just right. New York is a great port to leave from especially from Manhattan plus the ship had alot to say about how good the cruise goes and it went very well.:cool:

Cruise options for next year.

Any pros/ cons to these ports?

1) Miami-San Juan/ Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Nassau

2) Miami-San Juan/ Puerto Rico, Great Stirrup Cay

3) Miami- Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, Nassau

4) Miami-Bermuda(3 days)

All are 7 days.

We've been to Nassau which we actually like.

Also been to St. Thomas and Bermuda but a LONG time ago and would love to go back.

We will be traveling with a group of family with age ranges of 8 months to 70 years. 2 couples in their 40s, 3 kids, 2 singles in their 30s, 2 singles in their 50s and 1 70 year old.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

We'd suggest if you have no preference over ports, maybe see which ports will be most crowded and uncomfortable, check out each port at http://ports.cruisett.com/ look up each port and see how busy your ports will be! Large groups are tougher to keep together in crowded ports!