Bad reviews? CityView vs Old Town Trolley

Flafun888

Hi all: hoping some of you may have experience with either CityView or Old Town.

This is the 1st KW visit for me - thought trolley was best answer for 1 day in port with no clue on where I'm going, since I can tour area, plus hop on, hop off to see a few definite to-dos like Hemmingway House and other spots.

I bought a groupon for CityView, then started reading bad reviews over the past month about far longer than advertised waits for pickups and constantly-full trolleys where no one got off because they were afraid there wouldn't be a spot for them to get back on.

Old Town costs twice as much, but I hear they will call addtl vehicles when busy and seems to have quicker pickup times/more vehicles.

KW time is very valuable: I only have 1 day in port, so I don't mind paying more if the experience will be better. Would be disappointing to lose most of the day waiting for trolleys or not be able to see the sights, just to keep my trolley seat.

Does anyone have any recent experience with either company? Maybe they oversold their Groupons and now can't handle the business?

I don't think you will have anything to worry about.

I have ridden Cityview with friends within the last few months and had no problems.

I suspect some of those reviews were from the competition.

Mike;)

Thanks for your perspective, Mike. It's good to hear you've had no problems. I normally discount reviews from new, previously-unknown posters, but a few of the recent ones were from long-established members who had reviewed other unrelated services and destinations as well, so theirs seemed more credible.

Thanks for your perspective, Mike. It's good to hear you've had no problems. I normally discount reviews from new, previously-unknown posters, but a few of the recent ones were from long-established members who had reviewed other unrelated services and destinations as well, so theirs seemed more credible.

Also the bad reviews could have come when there were three ships in port and nothing runs well when that many people are dumped onto KW streets.

Mike:)

Also the bad reviews could have come when there were three ships in port and nothing runs well when that many people are dumped onto KW streets.

Thanks CB at Sea. bhopal21: exactly what you said is my concern: our ship visits on a Sunday...already a busy day, I'd imagine? And we're probably far from the only ship. I never thought the poor reviews were the sign of a bad company: just a small biz overwhelmed by too many customers/groupons.

That's why I figured the more expensive trolley option might be a better choice for us, since they probably don't get the same volume of business as CityView, not running groupons? For us, who has the comfiest seats and such isn't as important, as we're using it for the ability to hop off and get back on with no problem...and just stick around for 1st loop to get quick tour of area.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply...it's much appreciated. I'm probably just over-thinking the whole thing...I tend to do that! :)

Edited by Flafun888

I think you are worrying a bit too much.:D

If you arrive on Sunday Feb 22 there is only one other ship in port that day so mark that concern off your list.

Relax and enjoy the laid back atmosphere of "Island Time"

I think you are worrying a bit too much.:D

If you arrive on Sunday Feb 22 there is only one other ship in port that day so mark that concern off your list.

Relax and enjoy the laid back atmosphere of "Island Time"

LOL...can you tell I need a vacation? I'm an obsessive pre-planner, but once I arrive, I always chill out with the best of 'em. (The drink package will help immensely.) Thanks again! :D

LOL...can you tell I need a vacation? I'm an obsessive pre-planner, but once I arrive, I always chill out with the best of 'em.

What can I say?

I bought air tix and booked a hotel in San Francisco last week for a an Alaskan pre-cruise stay the middle of August.:D

Have a great visit!