Family T-Shirt Ideas

KruizinKam

• 2 months later...

This one kind of requires one of you be really handy with either paint or a sewing machine.

My family has a set of shirts we wore on family vacations over the eleven years everyone was either of age to mind their manners and be taken everywhere (the kids) and not yet drooling idiots (us parents, though sometimes I question if we weren't actually idiots in denial given some of the crazy trips we took!). Originally I purchased really good quality pocket polo shirts at Foley's. I embroidered each person's name over the pocket. I guess with safety concerns being what they are these days, maybe just their initials over the pocket would be better. On the back I embroidered "<last name> Family" and the dates of our first vacation wearing them. Over time, I added each vacation or event we wore them to as well. When the kids grew up and started their own families, I presented them with their shirt carefully framed so that the back is seen listing all the great times we had and a collage of pictures from those vacations in another frame as a wedding gift.

Edit to add: My kids were in their young teens and the shirts were a little large at the start. Big, over-sized shirts happened to be very much in style when we started, and much more fitted was the style when we finished, so we were lucky there.

Edited by TravelinGert