USING A tRAVEL SCOOTER IN bERMUDA

mamaofami

How difficult is it to get around Bermuda with a travel scooter? I can fit in an a taxi to the beach. How about taking it on a bus?

No electric scooters are allowed on the buses. However you can take them on the ferry boat.

Have a great cruise!

Actually, I took a travelscoot (folded up) on a bus. I carried it onto the bus. The bus driver was sort of rude about it, but never suggested it wasn't allowed. I'd say it's much easier to take the ferry if your schedule permits.

We also had the battery quit going up a steep hill in Hamilton. I should have gone up a hill that was a little less steep.

No scooters on busses, with possible exception of folded-up Travelscoot which (see post above) which I guess means they would treat it like luggage. I use a Travelscoot, but did not attempt to use the busses in Bermuda. Scooters big & small are welcome on ferries. Easy to roll on & off.

Curb cuts in downtown Hamilton make it pretty easy to get around. Almost no cuts in St. Georges, often requiring travel in the streets.

On steep hills in St,Georges, I had to tack (zig-zag) both going up to keep the battery going, and going down to stay within a speed my Travelscoot brakes would handle.

David

• 2 weeks later...

[b[/b]We are docking in King's Wharf Bermuda, May 6th. Will I be able to use my rented scooter to get to the Ferries from the ship without taking a bus? I'm not sure of the distance involved or the condition of the streets/roads.

Thanks

[b[/b]We are docking in King's Wharf Bermuda, May 6th. Will I be able to use my rented scooter to get to the Ferries from the ship without taking a bus? I'm not sure of the distance involved or the condition of the streets/roads.

Thanks

Should be very easy. Here's the map of the Kings Wharf Dock area showing the location of everything relative to the cruise ship.

http://www.experiencebermuda.com/maps/pdf/DockyardMap.pdf

Archived