Carnival Sunshine - Premium Balcony Deck 8

LeslieRob

Bump, because we've booked room 8333 and I'm wondering the same thing. I've read that it sounds like a bowling alley above you, some people have complained about the smell of food (specifically onions) coming from above....and then I've read other folks had no complaints.

To expound on your question.... are the balconies here on deck 8 wide enough to get sun and lay on the lounger? And more importantly... Can anyone looking from above see down onto your balcony on deck 8?

Thanks in advance!:D

I have booked my first aft wrap balcony in 2018 on the Sunshine. Usually we are on deck 8 mid ship with cabins above, below, across, and on either side. For the aft wrap I went with deck 7 to have cabins above and below me. I didn't want to be right below Havana but I haven't read anything bad. I'm pretty excited to try out the aft wrap and if it doesn't work out will go back to the regular mid ship balconies in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in 8328 this past year, Aft wrap. There was a little bit of noise from the Havana bar, but not enough to bother me and I'm a light sleeper. Mostly the idiots screaming down the hall were the problem, not the Havana bar ;). We're booked on the 7th deck, aft wrap this year on the Sunshine - not for anything other than a change of scenery. I'd book 8328 again in a heartbeat. Regarding sun: Yes. I laid on that balcony all day and read. It was my quiet place. It gets quite hot, and there's plenty of sun. The balconies on deck 8 are right below the Havana bar which is glass from ceiling to floor. I suppose someone could see you if you were hanging on the railings and they were specifically looking...so be careful ;)

The balconies on deck 8 are right below the Havana bar which is glass from ceiling to floor. I suppose someone could see you if you were hanging on the railings and they were specifically looking...so be careful ;)

Good to know. Thanks ;) (y)

We were in 8328 this past year, Aft wrap. There was a little bit of noise from the Havana bar, but not enough to bother me and I'm a light sleeper. Mostly the idiots screaming down the hall were the problem, not the Havana bar ;). We're booked on the 7th deck, aft wrap this year on the Sunshine - not for anything other than a change of scenery. I'd book 8328 again in a heartbeat. Regarding sun: Yes. I laid on that balcony all day and read. It was my quiet place. It gets quite hot, and there's plenty of sun. The balconies on deck 8 are right below the Havana bar which is glass from ceiling to floor. I suppose someone could see you if you were hanging on the railings and they were specifically looking...so be careful ;)

Hi in 2018 we are booked in Sunshine aft wrap cabin 7322. Let me know how you liked it. I thought getting an aft with cabins above, below, and around would help with noise.

Thank you!

Stay in 8328 Aug 2016 and had no noise from the Havana Bar. I'm currently booked in 8333 for Aug 2017 and am expecting the same. There were many complaints about children disturbing guest, removing breakfast hangers, and kicking/banging on door then running away, but I did not experience any of that. My assumption was our cabin was too far aft for them to come and harass us lol

I had plenty of sun on my balcony. It would be pretty difficult for someone to look down on you, but your neighbors can glance around your balcony divider.