Fantasy delayed ☹️

They gave the option of not taking the cruise. However that's a tough decision since if you flew to the port like me I would have lost airfare and also you took off work etc. unfortunately though it was all about the weather. I was on both of those cruises and the captain not returning to mobile was the safe smart thing to do. I am missed also going back to Cozumel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only problem with your idea is, the refund won't be given for a while [3 weeks perhaps] and the town was booked out due to the Senior bowl being in town. It was not a real hardship for us but could have been for those on a strict budget, it was an aggravation. They need to respond to the aggravation factor with some sort of appeasement, a free drink, t-shirt or similar would have been nice and a negligible expense to them, instead they ignored the cruiser's difficulties. The lack of notice and their cavalier attitude were bothersome to me.

I have cruised with CCL several times and have another cruise booked, I was quite disappointed in their attitude this time.

I'm going on a trip. My return trip on the airlines have a 40 minute layover. It is the last flight to my home town. The main flight overseas, even if delayed 15 minutes can cause me to miss the flight. If my flight is delayed, I know, I will get on another one the next day. I will have no luggage, and if lucky find a hotel room. I will not expect anything out of it. Things happen, and maybe it will cost some people, but this is well within the contract, and expectations of things that can go wrong. Everything is is out of the expectation is an aggravation.

By the way, I really hate supporting Carnival. I believe it's the worst Cruise line in the world. Don't get this the wrong way, that I am supporting Carnival, but they haven't done anything wrong.

• 1 month later...

I don't think Carnival is worst cruise line in the world at all. I was on board a b2b in January when the Fantasy was stuck near Cozumel due to high wind and rough seas. Delayed the cruise a day and a half back to port. Carnival was extremely gracious and went above and beyond the cruise ticket responsibilities. I was impressed. And controlling weather is impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums