Hub App on Miracle

johnnoyb

In order to check if the app is available on your ship, check for supported ships using the app prior to cruising. Swipe your countdown clock, tap next, tap "check if my ship is supported," scroll through the ships- toward the end it has a "coming soon" list. There are very few ships on the coming soon list. Also: ships are listed alphabetically in both lists.

Louanne93

BTW - I grew up in Walnut Creek and went to Ignacio Valley and Diablo Valley College. Small world!

Small world! I went to CHS. My kids all went to CHS and now I work there. Are you still in the area? My husband grew up in WC.

In order to check if the app is available on your ship, check for supported ships using the app prior to cruising. Swipe your countdown clock, tap next, tap "check if my ship is supported," scroll through the ships- toward the end it has a "coming soon" list. There are very few ships on the coming soon list. Also: ships are listed alphabetically in both lists.

or, you can go to the App Store and it will tell you which ships are available

Small world! I went to CHS. My kids all went to CHS and now I work there. Are you still in the area? My husband grew up in WC.

No - moved up to beautiful Central Oregon to raise our kids many years ago. Haven't been back to Concord since my father-in-law passed away 3 years ago. I was kind of in shock the first time we visited. So many changes!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

No - moved up to beautiful Central Oregon to raise our kids many years ago. Haven't been back to Concord since my father-in-law passed away 3 years ago. I was kind of in shock the first time we visited. So many changes!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

Good for you! Definitely not the same as when we grew up... Sad. We are waiting for retirement to move away. Can't hardly wait!

• 2 weeks later...

I used the app on the miracle. Really like it, except for 4 shortcomings:

1) The kids' club itineraries need to be on it too, not just Fun Times so we could remember their stuff.

2) Would have liked to have the daily menus on there so we could decide about dinner.

3) Updating the time in the app is slow. When you open the app, you have to give it a moment to reset itself if there are time changes And sometimes you have to move around in the app (or close and restart) to get it to do it. This is especially a problem in the mexican riviera where there are time changes and differences in ship vs. port time vs. cell phone time. And for that latter problem I wish the app had....

4) ...An alarm clock set to ship time. Can't tell you how confused our family got with setting alarms (and the kid's curfews) on our phones and the changing ship time and the time zones our phones were attached to. Long story...but it would be great for the app to have an alarm clock or rely or do it the old fashion way and wear a watch.:o

I used the app on the miracle. Really like it, except for 4 shortcomings:

1) The kids' club itineraries need to be on it too, not just Fun Times so we could remember their stuff.

2) Would have liked to have the daily menus on there so we could decide about dinner.

3) Updating the time in the app is slow. When you open the app, you have to give it a moment to reset itself if there are time changes And sometimes you have to move around in the app (or close and restart) to get it to do it. This is especially a problem in the mexican riviera where there are time changes and differences in ship vs. port time vs. cell phone time. And for that latter problem I wish the app had....

4) ...An alarm clock set to ship time. Can't tell you how confused our family got with setting alarms (and the kid's curfews) on our phones and the changing ship time and the time zones our phones were attached to. Long story...but it would be great for the app to have an alarm clock or rely or do it the old fashion way and wear a watch.:o

I had to laugh. I wear a watch, but because it is pretty, not that I can read it or anything. I always depend on my phone for the time! Lol!

#4 seems a little OCD, people make way to much of the "ship time" The only time that time changes is on shorexcusions and the folks on shore know exactly what time they are on and the ship is on.

I would agree with you, except there seemed to be some glitch with the relationship between ship time, phone time, the app time (and when the app time updated itself to ship time). And the problem was different on my phone, where I tried to manually reset time, than my wife's that auto-updated depending on the port. Woke up an hour too early for Stretch class one day and then an hour late the last sea day of the cruise.

We tried to go around the problem by setting a timer instead, but we couldn't do the math right. Must have been a result of a few too many at the Alchemy Bar.

This could totally be operator error, but it was confounding.

Cruising in 3 weeks and planning on using the app. If I understand correctly it's $5 fee per user which allows texting on board - is that correct? Texting capability is really important to me since that is the main communication channel I plan to use with my extended family during the cruise. Can anyone who has used this app for texting comment on how well the texting works?

One concern I have is how this app works on board in conjunction with my cell phone's wifi/signal settings. I want to block all cell signals (put it on airplane mode) so I don't get charged exhorbant cell phone charges during the cruise. So how exactly does all of this work so you don't get charged cell phone fees? Thanks!

When on board, turn your phone on Airplane mode and then turn on Wi-fi to connect to the Carnival wi-fi. This will keep you off cell data. If it makes you feel better, you can disable data Roaming in your phone settings (Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data)

Note..Wifi will supercede the cell network. So if you have a Roaming plan and want to use it on the ship while in port, you will need to turn off your Carnival Wifi since it blocks all access except to the app functionality. Although when you do switch on cellular/roaming, that's when the whole ship vs. local vs. phone time craziness starts since the phone autoconnects to the GPS-determined time zone unless you force it to a timeszone).

App texting worked fine. My son used it to communicate with other teens on board he met through 02 Club. My wife and I did not have the plan, although looking back it might have been worth the $5 each. We do different things on board, so it would have made it easier to connect. And I could have harassed my son about being late for his curfew (twice). :halo: