Alta

Just to cheer you up, the sun is just going down in Alta in Norway and it only rose at 9.30 :eek:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/norway/alta

This is a brilliant webcam (when it is daylight, which isn't often!) that I found posted on P&O. I did comment on there but no repy - I may have been blacklisted for wanting saver fares :D

http://www.portalta.borealiswebcam360.com/

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

DH looks at a webcam in the north of Finland (not that we've been to this part of the country) but it's already covered in snow - and as you say Linda - not light for much of the day! It would make me feel quite depressed I think seeing so little of the sun - mind, it's much like that here at the mo!!!! Well, not quite - but fed up with the rain with the winter still to come! Sounds like a good excuse for a cruise!!! :D:D

We went to Alta on Spirit quite a few years ago on a glorious summer day - it was beautiful. Good memories!

Yes come on Kruzseeka, time you booked a cruise :D

BTW the Balmoral is in Alta at the moment "In search of the Northern Lights" Hope they find them :D

Well............. Shhhhhhhhh............ shhhhhh.............. shhhhhhhh.......... actually we have Linda - to the Caribbean in the New Year! Say it quietly though as we've jumped ship. :rolleyes: After a great deal of soul searching and much deliberation we have been tempted by a good deal on the Azura. Not at all sure what we'll make of it and the big ship thing (though not one of the all-singing all-dancing mega variety) but we shall see. Like you Linda we agonised over the extra port/sea day issue but have decided to give something new a whirl although I am sure there will be pluses and minuses. (And I definitely won't pack my lunch from the buffet though we've probably shot it already since we're in steerage. ) :eek::D We've always found it to be a pleasant atmosphere on board though and imagine the Caribbean to be more relaxed - only formal and smart casual dress code now for the Caribbean so that's a good start.

I must say some of the Thomson summer itineraries and the possible 2016 ones are very tempting so possibly back in the fold later in the year. ;)

Just to cheer you up, the sun is just going down in Alta in Norway and it only rose at 9.30 :eek:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/norway/alta

This is a brilliant webcam (when it is daylight, which isn't often!) that I found posted on P&O. I did comment on there but no repy - I may have been blacklisted for wanting saver fares :D

http://www.portalta.borealiswebcam360.com/

Also similar 360 webcam in Honningsvag for all those who have been on North Cape and Arctic Affair cruises.

http://honningsvag.livecam360.com/flash/main.php

Click on "Archive" at the bottom of the page and select a daylight view.

Well............. Shhhhhhhhh............ shhhhhh.............. shhhhhhhh.......... actually we have Linda - to the Caribbean in the New Year! Say it quietly though as we've jumped ship. :rolleyes: After a great deal of soul searching and much deliberation we have been tempted by a good deal on the Azura. Not at all sure what we'll make of it and the big ship thing (though not one of the all-singing all-dancing mega variety) but we shall see. Like you Linda we agonised over the extra port/sea day issue but have decided to give something new a whirl although I am sure there will be pluses and minuses. (And I definitely won't pack my lunch from the buffet though we've probably shot it already since we're in steerage. ) :eek::D We've always found it to be a pleasant atmosphere on board though and imagine the Caribbean to be more relaxed - only formal and smart casual dress code now for the Caribbean so that's a good start.

I must say some of the Thomson summer itineraries and the possible 2016 ones are very tempting so possibly back in the fold later in the year. ;)

Oh good, it's nice to have something to look forward too isn't it?

You can be Linda's spy to help her make up her mind.;)

That's what I was thinking Vera :D It depends on how early in the New Year Kruzseeka is going.

Last week in Jan and first in Feb, Linda. Perhaps not early enough for you unless you hang on for a very last minute deal. :rolleyes: As with everything it's a compromise though and I must say I rate the Celebration itinerary (not the one with the two short stops though) and it was a tough call.

Last week in Jan and first in Feb, Linda. Perhaps not early enough for you unless you hang on for a very last minute deal. :rolleyes: As with everything it's a compromise though and I must say I rate the Celebration itinerary (not the one with the two short stops though) and it was a tough call.

Hi Kruzseeka, is that 23/24 jan on Azura if so we are on same cruise ,looking forward to trying Azura and I love the Caribbean.🚢

Hi Kruzseeka, is that 23/24 jan on Azura if so we are on same cruise ,looking forward to trying Azura and I love the Caribbean.🚢

Hi macren - yes it is. :) Flying out on the Saturday. Like you love the Caribbean and will be very interested indeed to see what we feel about a bigger ship.

Hi macren - yes it is. :) Flying out on the Saturday. Like you love the Caribbean and will be very interested indeed to see what we feel about a bigger ship.

We fly Sat as well but from Manchester,see you there🚢