Hair Dryers on the Norwegian Jewel

augiesmom

Going to Alaska next month, and trying to avoid packing items I think I need, but will ?never end up using.

can someone tell me if on the Jewel, the cabins come with blow dryers?

This is my first cruise, and trying to determine what small items I should bring along (not counting clothing)

I've heard one should bring along a night light, since the cabins without windows are extremely dark. Extension cord? First Aid Kit?

Thanks for all and any suggestions!

The Jewel has hairdryers at the desk area near the closet area. It was just fine and had enough power. I did bring a hair straightener though.

Yes, bring a little night light. We put ours in the bathroom in that little outlet above the mirror. Higher wattage things shouldn't go in this outlet, though. Some people in inside cabins keep their TV on to the ship cam but you get light VERY early in the morning and late into the night at that latitude so an inside cabin has advantages. We have a Kindle next to our bed that has an alarm and a light app if we need it. We also bring a very light weight travel alarm that runs on batteries. Don't bring one that plugs in as the currency onboard ships often doesn't allow the clock to keep accurate time.

Bring a small container of first aid items and some meds like Tylenol, Imodium, cold meds, etc. You just never know and the ship's store has limited availability. We always bring an extension cord but just purchased a Belkin travel charger that handles three plugs and two USB ports. Lightweight and nice, available on Amazon. These are highly recommended by cruisers.

Bring lightweight magnets as the walls are metal. I keep the ship info and such up there.

If you are going to Glacier Bay or have a glacier excursion planned, bring lightweight gloves, warm socks and a cap so that you can get outside more to enjoy the scenery. July is a great month to go to Alaska and you will be surprised at how warm it can get. Just think layers, not parkas.