A night in the plaka?

Kiwiora

Hi

We've booked the excursion titled "A Night in the Plaka" which is dinner and Zorba dancing.

There is only one review and it's pretty bad, which has me second guessing our decision.

Any other reviews, good, bad or otherwise?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

We've booked the excursion titled "A Night in the Plaka" which is dinner and Zorba dancing.

There is only one review and it's pretty bad, which has me second guessing our decision.

Any other reviews, good, bad or otherwise?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, one of the reviews is mine so all I can say is that I was as honest as possible in my reporting.

Oh dear - we really wanted the zorba entertainment and from my research, it's not a very common type of entertainment (tourist or not) to find with dinner. Am rethinking finding our own night tour and dinner - hopefully HAL will refund.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Forums mobile app

Oh dear - we really wanted the zorba entertainment and from my research, it's not a very common type of entertainment (tourist or not) to find with dinner. Am rethinking finding our own night tour and dinner - hopefully HAL will refund.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Forums mobile app

The dancing was ok (as I said in the review) but there was also American type touristy stuff thrown in which didn't fit. Take another read as I did try to outline the good with the bad.

I might be too fussy ;), although the 4 of us that went all felt the same way. If you don't mind being cramped in like a sardines in a can, you might be ok?

HAL will refund if you booked on line as long as you cancel before the cruise. On board I think you will be subject to a 10% penalty if you cancel right away.

I cannot speak to HAL's excursion, for a night in t he platka but can say we spent two evenings l in Platka during several seperate stays in Athens and we loved evrey moment. We dined with two other couples at open air restaurant all the way to the top of tghe Platka and had the most manificent views of Acropolis. Food was outstanding, restaurant was very, very nice to all of us and they were very mermoable evenings. Iw ill add that one of our friends speaks fluent Greek and that lilkely added to our easy navigation and enjoyment. I don't see any need for a ship's excursion to go for an rverning in Platka if you are staying in Athens. So easy to mske dinner resefvation for yourself , catch a taxi and go. English is widely spoken and even when DH and I were without our Greek friend, we had no problem in restaurants, stores, taxi or sight seeing.

It is equivaleant to (not needing) a ship's tour to go to dinner and Fado in Lisbon.

Thank you very much :)

Scenic - Prague to Paris

HAL - Venice to Barcelona

If the ship is overnight in Athens, you should stay on board, they always bring a Zorba show on stage which is pretty good

If the ship is overnight in Athens, you should stay on board, they always bring a Zorba show on stage which is pretty good

What about missing ghe wonedrful Greek meal? No t everyone lives in a city/place , where they can dine on fab ulous, authentic Greek food.

There are certainly plenty of "tourist trap" cafes/restaurants in Athens...aimed at tourists. And then there are plenty of decent restaurants (and cafes) frequented by locals :). As to folklore shows....why the tourist is seeking out this stuff the Athenians are flocking to nightclubs where they play the latest rock ). When we go out to dinner in Athens we prefer to find places with very good food...and there are many options. In the Plaka area our choice has long been Daphne's. Some of our friends really loved the entire experience at Dinner in the Sky...but be prepared for a hefty tab in that place. But many would say that the food and views make it worth while.

Hank