Glass elevators on Allure of the Seas

I'm trying to remember, aren't there some elevators in each bank that are not glass? In other words, could the OP could wait for a non-glass elevator?

That's what I remember from Oasis and Freedom. 1/2 the elevators in each bank were glass and 1/2 were "normal".

The call buttons are the same, so even if you press the call button on the side with the glass elevators, one of the "normal" ones may open first.

Correct. But I got the sense that the OP was preferring the glass elevators due to claustrophobia. :)

Oh, you're right. I was getting mixed up with a post a few weeks ago where the poster had a fear of heights. If I recall, they were going on a Radiance class ship, and were going to be stuck with the forward elevators.

Edited by clarea

Oh, you're right. I was getting mixed up with a post a few weeks ago where the poster had a fear of heights. If I recall, they were going on a Radiance class ship, and were going to be stuck with the forward elevators.

Now that would make sense given the ocean facing elevators with Radiance class! Fear of heights could definitely come into play there! :)

Edited to add: Or standing on the glass look through to the Centrum on deck 12. (May be replaced now with Next Cruise desk on some Radiance class ships)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Now that would make sense given the ocean facing elevators with Radiance class! Fear of heights could definitely come into play there! :)

Yes, on Radiance class, the aft bank are either glass to the ocean or glass to the inside, and either choice was not good for that particular poster.