Booked a new ship for us, Vission of the Seas

I would love to hear from people who have been on Vission of the Seas. We booked a cruise on this ship because we love the S. Caribbean Cruise that they offered. We are booked for a GS and not to many perks for GS (extra room is nice) so I would love to hear from people who love this ship and why.

Thanks for any help or inside info!;)

Hi, we went on the Vision last year and thought she was lovely. Our first ever cruise was on the Rhapsody so we do have a soft spot for the Vision class. The centrum is all glass and a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by. The dining room was modern and clean with really friendly staff. We had one of the best cruise directors we've ever had and the entertainment staff worked really hard. We had a JS, no extra perks but really enjoyed the extra space and we were extremely well looked after.

Thanks Mike, we are really looking forward to the Islands this cruise offers.

How was the food on this ship? Did they have entertainment by the pool? Thanks for any info. I know they have no Promanade so were do you get late night snacks?

Sharon;)

Hi Sharon,

We had no complaints about the food what so ever, just exactly what you'd expect from RCI. The windjammer was nicely layed out with plenty of choice and we never fund it that busy. The dining room food was really good, nice menu and good choices.

There were snacks being offered around in the viking crown later on in the evening but the pizzeria in the solarium is open till very late.

On the vision there was a sailaway band but they gave up as it pouring with rain - but we were going north to the Baltics:rolleyes: On the Rhapsody in the caribbean by the pool there was the band playing, line dancing, Mr Bellyflop etc. I know these ships are smaller and don't have all the bells and whistles of the the new flashy ones but they are so friendly and its amazing what they do pack in.

Thank you for your help, when we booked on our last crusie, the RA told us that it had the same as Exp and more, lol. We looked in the book could not find any of those things he said he had the new book with the amenitys in it. Sure after our cruise in goes in for all the new stuff. Well, we like the Islands so decided to stay with what we booked. Seems like everyone likes this class of ship (even without all the extras) hoping we love it too!;)

Hi Sharon,

We had no complaints about the food what so ever, just exactly what you'd expect from RCI. The windjammer was nicely layed out with plenty of choice and we never fund it that busy. The dining room food was really good, nice menu and good choices.

There were snacks being offered around in the viking crown later on in the evening but the pizzeria in the solarium is open till very late.

On the vision there was a sailaway band but they gave up as it pouring with rain - but we were going north to the Baltics:rolleyes: On the Rhapsody in the caribbean by the pool there was the band playing, line dancing, Mr Bellyflop etc. I know these ships are smaller and don't have all the bells and whistles of the the new flashy ones but they are so friendly and its amazing what they do pack in.

Here are a few other thoughts & opinions:

All that has been said PLUS:

What the Vision lacks in "stuff" they make up for with personality!

You will love the GS especially the double sink in the bath room. It has a nice marble dance floor too - in the bathroom :eek:

The GSs are forward so you may feel the motion of the ocean a little more than if you were mid-ship. Really not so much but worth mentioning.

The wind jammer is forward! You can look out port - forward - and starboard while enjoying your meal or snack. Also they have afternoon tea and late night snacks.

Room service is an excellent choice for "off hours" if anyone manages to get hungury after three or more full meals.

The RCI product on Vision is excellent! We have over 20 cruises on the Vision class ships - three on Vision and 6 more reservations of Vision as of today. She is a fine ship and the crew all live up to RCI standards. We've been on all the other class ships in the fleet including 8 times on Voyager and 4 each on Oasis & Allure. We never hesitate to go on Vision.

Enjoy :)

I spent two weeks on Vision. The crew was outstanding. They had lots of activities around the pool. Lively disco at night. The solarium had french fries, pizza, hot dogs, sandwiches, cookies, fruit at late hours.

We loved trivia in the Schooner Lounge. Lots of music venues. It does not have a seperate family pool but did not bother us at all because I don't use the pool.

I would not hesitate to cruise her again.

Archived