Fll to pom

jdyer09

Hey cruisers! My family of 6 is flying into FLL from Houston on Nov 7th. We have half the group arriving at 3pm and the other half at 11pm. We have a hotel in FLL for the night and are planning on most likely renting a car so we can explore for the afternoon and all drive down to POM together the next morning. We are allowing about an hour for the drive, does this sound reasonable?

We are also trying to figure out the rental car thing. From what I understand it must be returned to the Miami Airport then they provide a shuttle to port?

I think the driver, most likely me, will drop everyone at the cruise ship port with luggage then just return the car and one person, maybe hubs too, will catch the shuttle to port. Does this sound correct? We've never traveled like this for a cruise, with Galveston being less than an hour from our house, but we are branching out to the Breeze.

Trying to make sure all our ducks are in a row!

Thanks everyone.

45 minutes to an hour, depending upon traffic is about right.

You can drop the car at MIA and then ride the shuttle to POM, but only if you rent from National, Alamo & Thrifty; others may offer shuttle service from MIA but I am not aware of them. I would drop the car at MIA and then all of you ride the shuttle - otherwise the round trip after dropping your family off at POM, driving to MIA, waiting on the shuttle and then arriving back at POM could take 45-60+ minutes. :(

Avis and Budget have locations near POM but with no shuttle - a taxi will run about $12+tip; with either of these I would first drop the group off and then return the car.

Hertz is also in downtown and offers a free shuttle, but the location is typically overwhelmed by cruisers - you might get lucky with the shuttle or you might be better off with a cheap cab ride.

Whoever you rent from I would call the location, not the 800 #, to verify details. ;) Good luck! :)

45 minutes to an hour, depending upon traffic is about right.

You can drop the car at MIA and then ride the shuttle to POM, but only if you rent from National, Alamo & Thrifty; others may offer shuttle service from MIA but I am not aware of them. I would drop the car at MIA and then all of you ride the shuttle - otherwise the round trip after dropping your family off at POM, driving to MIA, waiting on the shuttle and then arriving back at POM could take 45-60+ minutes. :(

Avis and Budget have locations near POM but with no shuttle - a taxi will run about $12+tip; with either of these I would first drop the group off and then return the car.

Hertz is also in downtown and offers a free shuttle, but the location is typically overwhelmed by cruisers - you might get lucky with the shuttle or you might be better off with a cheap cab ride.

Whoever you rent from I would call the location, not the 800 #, to verify details. ;) Good luck! :)

Excellent advice!

The Avis location close to POM does have a free shuttle-we took it 2 weeks ago-convenient and less than 10 min ride to the port.

Good to know - things must have changed since my last POM cruise. Thanks for the update. :)