Need Advice - Best RCI Stateroom(s) for Family of 5

OctoberBride

We have put off cruising since we have a family of 5 (haven't cruised since we were a family of 3) because of concerns about being able to afford a stateroom that will accommodate all of us and allow us to have a balcony. Looking for any advice for RCI stateroom options...would we be better booking 2 adjoining balcony cabins? Kids are ages 14, 9 and 8.

On Voyager and Freedom class, there are balcony cabins that connect to an inside stateroom. That would be an excellent option...the kids go in the inside cabin, and you get the balcony....the kids do NOT need or care about the balcony...I guarantee that! I wouldn't be adverse to a balcony with an inside cabin directly across the hall...the hall is narrow so you're only steps away. I wouldn't spring for 2 balcony cabins...they simply don't need it.

There are some "family" rooms...but you will need to call RCI about them...you can't book online. Have the deck plans in front of you, so you know what (and where) you are booking!

Edited by cb at sea

We have put off cruising since we have a family of 5 (haven't cruised since we were a family of 3) because of concerns about being able to afford a stateroom that will accommodate all of us and allow us to have a balcony. Looking for any advice for RCI stateroom options...would we be better booking 2 adjoining balcony cabins? Kids are ages 14, 9 and 8.

Call RCI and see if they have any Royal Family Suites available - these are 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suites with balcony and access to Concierge Lounge (plus all the suite perks). They are pricey but might be comparable to two balcony cabins, as you are paying 3rd/4th person rates for all three kids.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

There are also several adjoining rooms on the ships the one room is for 2 people and the other room for 3 people having a Pullman. Price it out both ways doing a family suite or 2 adjoining rooms. We've found that adjoining rooms are more affordable than suites, and also an advantage as you have 2 bathrooms. I know not a balcony room but the adjoining ocean view or promenade rooms are also a great option and cost less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk