Best gay cruise

Rinzler

Here's a survey for those who have taken gay cruises before:

If you could only take 1 or 2 gay cruises, which ones would be and in what order? I'm referring to the chartered gay cruises and not any regular cruise. Please also specify the destination and the cruise ship.

The ports are secondary to the ship and the entertainment and the camaraderie of the passengers. I don't think I could decide exactly which I liked better than another. The two with Leslie Jordan as an entertainer were so memorable because he is the funniest man alive. The one on the Celebrity Solstice was good because the ship is so wonderful. I don't remember where we went, but that ship just works so well. They are all good, even though a few have had problems.

For gay men there isn't much to choose from it's Atlantis or RSVP. Women have less choice with only Olivia.

The stereotype is that Atlantis attracts a younger party crowd and RSVP an older crowd. I would choose based on the itinerary and ship not the charter company. Check the reviews for the ships which are chartered since the service and amenities won't be any different for the charter. Usually the crew claims to like the gay charters better since they are usually more lively and not so demanding and grouchy.

Edited by BayAreaBC

The only gay charters I have sailed on has been RSVP.

"Best gay cruise" can mean so many different things for different people. Due to the way charters work the destination you might be more interested in may not be on a ship that you'd prefer to sail on. Many people will say that a gay charter is more about the people than actually the ship or itinerary.

My favorite RSVP cruise was 2009 on the Eurodam to Grand Turk and San Juan. It was not just about the ship or the itinerary, there was just something about that cruise that "clicked"; the people, the parties, the entertainment, the ship staff, the RSVP crew. We have since been on two more RSVP cruises on the Eurodam and all were enjoyable and the ship is my favorite.

Another great RSVP cruise was the Hawaiian cruise in 2010 on NCL's Pride of America. Not the greatest ship to sail on, but the itinerary, the very-eager-to-please-crew and the usual RSVP environment made it my next favorite cruise.

The Caribbean cruises during the northern hemisphere's winter are always a lot of fun. Alaska is a must-do in my opinion.

Here's a survey for those who have taken gay cruises before:

If you could only take 1 or 2 gay cruises, which ones would be and in what order? I'm referring to the chartered gay cruises and not any regular cruise. Please also specify the destination and the cruise ship.

The itinerary is secondary. I like to the cruise out of Los Angeles. I don't have to fly and after the cruise I just drive home. Spending 10-14 flying getting to a ship isn't for me. I just like being on the ship, sea days and partying with the boys.

The only gay charters I have sailed on has been RSVP.

"Best gay cruise" can mean so many different things for different people. Due to the way charters work the destination you might be more interested in may not be on a ship that you'd prefer to sail on. Many people will say that a gay charter is more about the people than actually the ship or itinerary.

My favorite RSVP cruise was 2009 on the Eurodam to Grand Turk and San Juan. It was not just about the ship or the itinerary, there was just something about that cruise that "clicked"; the people, the parties, the entertainment, the ship staff, the RSVP crew. We have since been on two more RSVP cruises on the Eurodam and all were enjoyable and the ship is my favorite.

Another great RSVP cruise was the Hawaiian cruise in 2010 on NCL's Pride of America. Not the greatest ship to sail on, but the itinerary, the very-eager-to-please-crew and the usual RSVP environment made it my next favorite cruise.

The Caribbean cruises during the northern hemisphere's winter are always a lot of fun. Alaska is a must-do in my opinion.

I can only imagine Grand Turk with all those boys on one small beach.:D

Wouldn't be able to comment on that; I was on a boat with a few of them going to look at pretty fishes.

I just love walking right at the end of the pier as you get off the ship. Lots of interesting shells, serenity and areas to bask in the sun.

I just love walking right at the end of the pier as you get off the ship. Lots of interesting shells, serenity and areas to bask in the sun.

What get's me are people getting off the ship and walking over to Margaritaville for the day - but I guess to each his own. :D

I loved the Hawaii cruise (on Pride of Hawaii before it became the Norwegian Jade back in the days when there were 3 American flagged ships in Hawaii to choose from). I agree the itinerary was great and the crew was wonderful. I have been waiting for either RSVP or Atlantis to book Pride of America for another Hawaiian trip, but so far no luck. (Was that trip back in 2010? Time flies.) The other gay cruise itinerary on my wish list is a cruise to Bermuda--again, so far, no luck.