a question for those who have used cavetubing.bz

LoriSan

I'm told that your personal items are locked in a van, but at what point does that happen?

I know that the trip includes a hike through the jungle. I wear a knee brace every day and would want to wear it on the hike, but I would not want it to get wet. I sent an email and asked the question, and he responded that I could carry it on my lap while in the tube. I will not do that, as I would not want to risk getting it wet.

Do you lock up your personal items before the hike and that is your last opportunity to secure your personal stuff? Or do they collect them and lock them up after the hike (before you float away on the tubes) and they transport to the end, where you collect them after the tube?

You leave items in the van, hike to the caves and river, and float back to the starting point. Could you use a waterproof bag like they use on canoe or raft trips. The tube ride is not rough so you could hold it in your lap as you float.

From what I remember (cave tubing excursion in May 2013) we left our bags in the bus before we hiked to the tubes. I am not sure if the guy who guides us to the tubes would be able to keep your things for you. The problem is, you exit the tubes down the river and have to walk some more back to the van. So you will probably need it then. Can you not put it in a water proof bag and hold it like he suggested? The water is not deep and you don't get wet, just splashed a little. Hope this helps.

I did hear back from the company, and was told that your items are put in the van before the hike. Thanks to everyone that answered.

Another question...

everything that I read said to have thick-soled shoes for the hike. Do you wear those in the water also?

I did hear back from the company, and was told that your items are put in the van before the hike. Thanks to everyone that answered.

Another question...

everything that I read said to have thick-soled shoes for the hike. Do you wear those in the water also?

Buy some Keen sandals or something similar. They are made to wear in water and have a thick sole that is good for hiking. I love mine. They are very comfortable. They are pricey, but worth it.

Yes, any shoes you will have on will be in the water. You have to cross the water you will tube down along the hike to the starting point of the river/caves. Then of course you will still have your shoes on when tubing, so they will get wet. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Another question...

You will need watershoes with good insoles to minimize the impact on your feet!