Shopping in Barcelona (Port Day)

cpl100

We have one day in this port in about a week while on Celebrity. While we hope to eat tapas and see a site or two, we'd also like to do some shopping. I'm interested in what others have found to be good items to purchase while in this port. We are not interested in little gadgets or dust-collecting tchotchkes. Would be interested in spices, leather goods, Christmas ornaments, local specialties, candy/chocolate or even something I haven't considered because I don't know about it!

Thanks so much for any help.

One possibility is El Corte Inglés department store in La Plaça de Catalunya. They sell just about everything, including food. They also have a rooftop restaurant where you can get lunch or a cup of coffee with wonderful views over the city.

To get to Plaça Catalunya take the port shuttle bus to Columbus monument and walk up Las Ramblas until you get to a large square. Corte Inglés is on the right hand side.

We have one day in this port in about a week while on Celebrity. While we hope to eat tapas and see a site or two, we'd also like to do some shopping. I'm interested in what others have found to be good items to purchase while in this port. We are not interested in little gadgets or dust-collecting tchotchkes. Would be interested in spices, leather goods, Christmas ornaments, local specialties, candy/chocolate or even something I haven't considered because I don't know about it!

If you are looking for leather BCN has some good leather,bags,coats,shoes etc.,but overpriced especially if you are going to Cadiz..great leather goods much better pricing. BCN has some local artisan stores where they do sell local art.You can always ask about food stuffs there to bring back.The El Corte is a great place to look as well that was mentioned.

Another place to look at is the Carrefor supermarket half way up Las Ramblas,go down stairs its like a rabbit warren,also the shopping centre at the port vei its near the bus drop off point,or catch the green ho ho there is a massive shopping mall on its route diagonal centre i belive,or just look around the back streets of the gotic quater :):)

• 1 month later...

We spent 6 days in Barcelona back in 2008 & DW was looking for leather goods as they were reasonably priced compare to North America. I found reasonably priced Cuban cigars and bought quite a bit of saffron.