Looking for a good Mexican restaurant in Cabo

iamirish

Any suggestions for a good place to eat - I am looking for good Mexican food - not a place that specializes in tequila shots or margaritas.

Thanks for any ideas you may have. ;)

I see a lot of good reports about Gordo Lele's. It is a little hole in the wall, but many say the food is very good.

I see a lot of good reports about Gordo Lele's. It is a little hole in the wall, but many say the food is very good.

Food is good, but we won't eat there again. We went there 2x in 2 days. 1st day owner was real friendly. 2nd day he wasn't friendly (almost like he was annoyed to have customers), and he charged us more for what should have been a cheaper bill than the day before.

We go to Taco Loco in the Plaza de los Mariachis located on Blvd. Marina behind Cabo Wabo.

Tacos Gus is right around the corner from Gordo's. Excellent tortas and piña drink. Then head over to Captain Tonys for a bucket of beers and people watch. Best advice: go to tripadvisor and read the reviews to narrow in on what you're looking for.

Tacos Gus is right around the corner from Gordo's. Excellent tortas and piña drink. Then head over to Captain Tonys for a bucket of beers and people watch. Best advice: go to tripadvisor and read the reviews to narrow in on what you're looking for.

I second the recommendation of my friend PP. I have eaten at Taco Loco, Gordo Leles, and Tacos Gus. Gordo is hit and miss depending on his mood. Always had great food, but the bill is really just whatever he decides to write down. Taco Loco is awesome, but it is usually crowded due to its location in the plaza. Went to Tacos Gus on my last trip and LOVED it. Great food, very few tourists, great prices.

One other advantage of Taco Loco is that it is right next door to Rips Bar - home of the Rainbow Shot. It's a "must do". :) You can do a you tube search to see what it is.

But Tacos Gus is only a block and a half away so.....

I guess the easiest thing to do is to plan multiple trips to Cabo so you can try all of them.

Bob

Tacos Gus is right around the corner from Gordo's. Excellent tortas and piña drink.

I second the recommendation of my friend PP. I have eaten at Taco Loco, Gordo Leles, and Tacos Gus. Gordo is hit and miss depending on his mood. Always had great food, but the bill is really just whatever he decides to write down. Taco Loco is awesome, but it is usually crowded due to its location in the plaza. Went to Tacos Gus on my last trip and LOVED it. Great food, very few tourists, great prices.

But Tacos Gus is only a block and a half away so.....

Bob

Since both of you like Tacos Guss, next time we are in Cabo, we'll have to go there. Thanks for the recommendation for a new place for us to eat at.

I agree that Taco Loco can get really crowded at lunch time. But it's fun watching the waiters making room for people.

Any suggestions for a good place to eat - I am looking for good Mexican food - not a place that specializes in tequila shots or margaritas.

Many of the above are good. Actually it would be easier to answer where the bad places are.

If you are cruising, I might suggest just walking down the Marina. You will find lots (and I do mean lots) of truly good places to eat. Captain Tony's, Soloman's Landing, Baja Cantina, Tiki Bar....actually, very few that are not good. If you wander a block (or two) from the Marina, you will find a lot more restaurants and cantinas. All offering really great food at a very reasonable price. If you have the time, take a water taxi over to Medano Beach. Dozens of places there, just wander down the beach until you find one that you like.

Bottom line, I guess, is that just about any place that looks good, smells good, and has either Gringos or locals in it, is a good place to eat.

Enjoy Cabo. We love it there. So much so that we travel there twice a year.

Our recommendation is " Cabo Blue " search it or check it out on trip advisor. The owners are super friendly and the food is A+ . And there is always the Mango Deck on the beach! Very entertaining and great food

Our recommendation is " Cabo Blue " search it or check it out on trip advisor. The owners are super friendly and the food is A+ . And there is always the Mango Deck on the beach! Very entertaining and great food

Wow......Cabo Blue is a great Cantina, great folks and a friendly crowd, but it is a cantina! We spend time there every trip, but it is a bar, and although the food is good, it is bar food. As for Mango Deck on Medano....it is okay, if you like wet t-shirt contests, rowdy college kids, and tequila shots. Sorry, just my opinion. From the OP's post, those are not two places that I would recommend, although I admit to having spent time at both. On Medano, our favorite is Tabascos. On the Marina, we like Captain Tony's. Downtown, we like either Taco Loco, or Cabo Cantina.

Some may consider it touristy as it is in the main marina area, I love Solomon's Landing. The last few times I have been there I had them make me something that wasn't on the menu. Shrimp Enchiladas in verde sauce! Amazing! If you ask for it, be sure and settle on the price before you order. It has been awhile, I think I paid $12.00. I also think their guacamole and salsa are very good. I live in Southern California. We have a lot of Mexican restaurants. I won't return to one if it doesn't have good guacamole.

The margaritas at Solomon's Landing are great as well. Tequila was not spared! I also love the view of the marina. Oh, how I wish I was there right now.

• 1 month later...
Food is good, but we won't eat there again. We went there 2x in 2 days. 1st day owner was real friendly. 2nd day he wasn't friendly (almost like he was annoyed to have customers), and he charged us more for what should have been a cheaper bill than the day before.

We go to Taco Loco in the Plaza de los Mariachis located on Blvd. Marina behind Cabo Wabo.

How do you place your upcoming cruise map on your signature?

It's great! :)

Don