Marseilles - Port Question

MikeNKim

I will be arriving in Marseilles in Oct on RCCL. I am not sure where we dock but I would like to get the Le Petit Train to Notre Dame. I have seen a lot of info on this train but I can't seem to find any info on where we go to get the train?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Your ship docks in the industrial port. The petit train leaves from the old port. You need a taxi, ship shuttle, port shuttle (only fri-sat-sun last year) or public bus 35 to get there.

Unless you want to go up to ND de la Garde I would recommend just walking in Le Pannier district. BTW there is also a great and cheap public bus to ND

• 2 weeks later...

Our cruise line (NCL) offered a shuttle into the Old Town (as I believe most of them do for $12USD pp). Once you get off the bus it is about a 3-5 min walk to the kiosk that sells the petit train tickets (it also departs and returns to there) The train ride itself takes about 20mins to get to Notre Dame and you can spend as much time there as you want as the trains are quite frequent. The cost of the train 2 years ago was 7euro pp and across the street from the drop off point are several little cafes to enjoy a glass of wine or a coffee looking over the fishing area. Not a lot to do in Marseille imho but worth getting off the ship to explore.

• 4 months later...
Our cruise line (NCL) offered a shuttle into the Old Town (as I believe most of them do for $12USD pp). Once you get off the bus it is about a 3-5 min walk to the kiosk that sells the petit train tickets (it also departs and returns to there) The train ride itself takes about 20mins to get to Notre Dame and you can spend as much time there as you want as the trains are quite frequent. The cost of the train 2 years ago was 7euro pp and across the street from the drop off point are several little cafes to enjoy a glass of wine or a coffee looking over the fishing area. Not a lot to do in Marseille imho but worth getting off the ship to explore.

Can we get down the petit train and take another one at any stops like a hop on hop off?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can get off the petit train at Notre Dame and pick up a later one to go back down to the Old Port. There's just the one stop - it's not really a full HOHO type set-up.

Same applies to the petit train that goes round the Old Town (which runsin summer only). There's one stop at the Vieille Charite where you can get off to look around.