Embarkation Lunch Options on the Splendour?

We just booked a cruise on the Splendour of the Seas on impulse and are going in just over 3 weeks. This will be our first experience with Royal Caribbean. What are the embarkation day lunch options on the Splendour?

Corinna

At the very least, Windjammer (buffet) and Park Cafe. Some ships also offer Giovanni's (extra cost) for lunch.

At the very least, Windjammer (buffet) and Park Cafe. Some ships also offer Giovanni's (extra cost) for lunch.

Thanks. That does sound like a recipe for disaster. As far as I can see, Splendour does not have Giovanni's. The ships that we normally sail on are comparable in size to the Splendour and they have the buffet, one of the main dining rooms and the food outlets by the pool open for lunch on the first day and already the buffet is a complete zoo. I think we may have to eat somewhere in Dubai before heading to the ship.

Corinna

Thanks. That does sound like a recipe for disaster. As far as I can see, Splendour does not have Giovanni's. The ships that we normally sail on are comparable in size to the Splendour and they have the buffet, one of the main dining rooms and the food outlets by the pool open for lunch on the first day and already the buffet is a complete zoo. I think we may have to eat somewhere in Dubai before heading to the ship.

Corinna

Windjamer will be open as well as Park Cafe and maybe Boardwalk Hotdogs. As you say normally busy so elbows out. We are doing the same cruise as you BUT in January so will be good to hear whatb you have to say about it. ;)

Windjamer will be open as well as Park Cafe and maybe Boardwalk Hotdogs. As you say normally busy so elbows out. We are doing the same cruise as you BUT in January so will be good to hear whatb you have to say about it. ;)

I will definitely report back.

Corinna

WE alway eat a late breakfast before boarding so we can skip the feeding frenzy. No RCI ship has the dining room open for lunch on boarding day.

I think that is what we will do. This will be our first experience of Royal Caribbean. We usually sail Disney, but have also done NCL.

Corinna