First Cruise - Royal Caribbean - Oasis of the Seas

CMNZ

Hi There

I'm a first time cruiser still trying to find my way around this site too! I've already asked a few questions and some of you have been very helpful! I've also had advice to ask Royal Caribbean some of the questions however I struggle to get responses especially by email.

A few things I am hoping you can help me with.

1. I've seen on some threads that you can request the configuration of your room - how do you actually do this?

2. We will have a rental car that we need to drop off at the Fort Lauderdale Airport - I see there is some sort of bus transfer we can get to the port - can anyone give me information about this?

3. In terms of drinks we will have an 8 year old with us who drinks water and apple juice only doesn't like soda - do we need to get her a drinks package or is water/apple juice available?

I can help with a couple of questions.

Regarding the shuttle from the airport to the port, I would check with your rental car company. If they don't have a shuttle, then I would use a taxi. A taxi to the port would be around $20.

Apple juice is available for no extra charge, but usually only at breakfast. There is a juice package available.

Most cabins come with two twin beds that can be put together for a King bed or pulled apart. If you want a different configuration from what is in the room when you arrive, just ask your room steward and he or she will get it done.

Take a taxi from the airport, it should be around $15, it is very close to the port.

Last time we were on board, Apple juice was on the free beverage menu, so if your child does not do soda, you should be OK. Get your drink packages on board, no price savings to order early, plus you keep your money in your pockets until the last day, vs in RCI's.

Finally have a great cruise!

Thanks so much you have been really helpful!

My partner and I will have a drinks package - on port days will that also give us bottled water to take with us?

Thanks again! That is great - we have booked ajoining balcony cabins over looking Central Park just been reading that people prefer the bed near the windows as it sounds like there is more room to access the wardrobe that way. Will go with the flow when we arrive I think.

I think they alternate beds by the closet and beds by the window every other room or so. This configuration you cannot change, only having the beds together as a full size bed or apart as twin beds.

Have a great cruise! I leave on Oasis in 3 weeks and 3 days! YIPPIE!!!!