Can Taxes, Fees ,Expenses Be Raised?

tgg

We're booked on the August 8 and August 20 Journey sailings this year. When we booked, the taxes etc. were $361.83 on the first cruise and $195.32 on the second. I just checked the sailings on the Azamara website and the taxes etc. have gone up to $436.02 and $274.67. That's a 20% increase on the first sailing and a 41% increase on the second sailing.

Two questions occur to me. First, can we be charged more than is listed on our confirmation? Second, how do these charges increase if the ports haven't changed. I guess a third question is "Can the Azamara website be wrong?"

Anybody have a clue?

Edited by tgg

Toni, I recall rebooking an Azamara cruise to take advantage of a promotion and finding the taxes and port charges had gone up. Still a significant savings, however, even thought slightly offset by the fees and taxes increase.

I'm sure ports and tax entities change their fees and taxes over time, but I can't say what happens if they go up after you've already booked.

Toni, I recall rebooking an Azamara cruise to take advantage of a promotion and finding the taxes and port charges had gone up. Still a significant savings, however, even thought slightly offset by the fees and taxes increase.

I'm sure ports and tax entities change their fees and taxes over time, but I can't say what happens if they go up after you've already booked.

There is usually a clause that says if taxes and any surcharges on fuel go up, this is passed on once they reach a certain level.

We're booked on the August 8 and August 20 Journey sailings this year. When we booked, the taxes etc. were $361.83 on the first cruise and $195.32 on the second. I just checked the sailings on the Azamara website and the taxes etc. have gone up to $436.02 and $274.67. That's a 20% increase on the first sailing and a 41% increase on the second sailing.

Two questions occur to me. First, can we be charged more than is listed on our confirmation? Second, how do these charges increase if the ports haven't changed. I guess a third question is "Can the Azamara website be wrong?"

Anybody have a clue?

Hello TGG,

Sometimes the Taxes and Port Fees do change, for reasons outside of our control. But we protect the bookings already made and you'll not be charged the higher amounts.

(note: as to whether the Azamara website can be wrong...as you've seen sometimes it is. There is always room for human error, so if & when you find a mistake, please let us know and I'll let our office know so they can fix!)