Silhouette Sunset Veranda - Good or Bad?

teaka5

Just found out that we have been assigned Silhouette sunset veranda cabin. Anyone know of any negatives or positives? Slightly concerned about wave action in back of ship.

I wouldn't worry about the "wave action". We love aft cabins as you will see why real soon. Your verandah will be larger and the views are to die for. The only issue you may have is that S class ships do not have an aft elevator so the walk to the elevators will enable you to burn off your desserts.:)

Our friends who we cruise with twice a year usually always get an aft. balcony. We sailed the Silhouette together this past march and they loved their cabin. Very little soot on the balcony which can be a problem on some ships.

My wife and I had a Sunset Veranda on an East bound Transatlantic. With the sun setting in the WEST, Our balcony was a sauna in the late afternoon. It was great in the mornings but almost unusable in the afternoons.

Eaglewar.........Rick

We had an aft cabin on the Solstice on the Australia/New Zealand cruise last Nov,it was great to see the places visited on leaving, great photo's can be taken,very quiet but as stated quite a long walk from the elevators,no problem for us !!! Will certainly use aft cabins again !! enjoy your cruise .