Help pack my bags please!

lovely_serenity

Hi! :)

Very shortly, I'll be going on my very first Eastern Mediteranean cruise on the QE. We'll be in places such as Rome (first), a few different places around the Greek Isles, Cyprus, Naples and more!

Being as inexperienced with Europe as I am (I've been to Paris once, ~5 years ago), I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me make a list of things that should not be forgotten when on a cruise in Europe in November! (I've heard it's quite cold this time of year)

What are some things that you absolutely can not cruise without?

Thanks! (:

We have just got back from the eastern Med and everywhere was hot, though it was cooler when we got into the Black Sea. It was scorching in Athens.

Temps today are all around the 25c range. Of course you can't forcast very far ahead, but I would bet it will be what I call "pleasantly warm"

David.

*&& nobody really spoke of things I should pack, so..?

HI Sarah, from the Eastern Med on a very warm sunny day. I can tell you about Cyprus as I live here. We have sunshine most days all year round and even now it is warm enough to be in a bikini. 26 degrees today.Once the sun goes down it is getting cooler on an evening and a light wrap is needed if you are sitting outdoors dining as most people do here. You will have set sail by then so evening will not be a problem.

The time clocks move one hour back this weekend, so it will be warmer and lighter here in a morning. This means the sun will be up by 6-30am and by 7-30 am when you arrrive. It will be warmish. Downside is, it will get dark by. 4-0 pm so gets colder. Sunset will be around 4-30pm

I have checked the long range weather forcast on the 16 th November in Cyprus it will be a high of 22 degrees low of 15 degrees. Sunny and some cloud.

So I suggest for day wear in the Eastern Med shorts may be good especially in Cyprus or cropped trousers and T shirts,/ long sleeved top. Light weight clothes in Israel as it will be warm there as will Egypt if you are going there. In Italy you will find it much cooler. So a light weight jacket anorak, a fleece type top will be useful. Also an umbrella in case of rain and maybe a water proof jacket or coat. The further East you get the warmer it is. So anywhere before Cyprus and Israel will be a little cooler. Rhodes will be warmish as it nearer the far Eastern Med.

Jeans are popular at this time of the year and most trendy young Cypriots will be wearing skinny jeans and UGG boots even though it is not cold. They just wear them as it is nearly winter and they want to have winter clothes which in-reality we don't need here.

So bring casual layers. Light weight layers.

That is day wear sorted, and I know you have your evening things sorted also. So no worries.

No rain forcast for Cyprus on your day here. We have three rain days in November which will not be when you arrive. I hope I am right in saying that. I will hope for great weather for you which is not hard her:)

Sarah, don' t forget your sunscreen either, and a sun hat or cap. It is a good idea to have long sleeved top in this part of the world if your visiting religious sites, and some churches here you need to cover your legs and arms.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

We were on QV in the eastern med in Nov and Dec last year (along with fantasy). The weather was quite changeable. We had beautiful hot sunny days in Malta, Cyprus and Spain. But froze in Turkey, got wet in Majorca and never reached Rhodes due to high winds! As fantasy said -go with lots of layers that you can adapt. Don't forget a waterproof but hope that you never need it. I used wraps a lot as they were versatile. Remember that on board it will still be pretty warm even on the coldest days.

We had a fantastic trip, I'm sure you will too. Enjoy your trip.

We have just got back from the eastern Med and everywhere was hot, though it was cooler when we got into the Black Sea. It was scorching in Athens.

Temps today are all around the 25c range. Of course you can't forcast very far ahead, but I would bet it will be what I call "pleasantly warm"

David.

Thanks David!

Oo good to know! I actually expected the weather to be coler, so that's good to hear!

HI Sarah, from the Eastern Med on a very warm sunny day. I can tell you about Cyprus as I live here. We have sunshine most days all year round and even now it is warm enough to be in a bikini. 26 degrees today.Once the sun goes down it is getting cooler on an evening and a light wrap is needed if you are sitting outdoors dining as most people do here. You will have set sail by then so evening will not be a problem.

The time clocks move one hour back this weekend, so it will be warmer and lighter here in a morning. This means the sun will be up by 6-30am and by 7-30 am when you arrrive. It will be warmish. Downside is, it will get dark by. 4-0 pm so gets colder. Sunset will be around 4-30pm

I have checked the long range weather forcast on the 16 th November in Cyprus it will be a high of 22 degrees low of 15 degrees. Sunny and some cloud.

So I suggest for day wear in the Eastern Med shorts may be good especially in Cyprus or cropped trousers and T shirts,/ long sleeved top. Light weight clothes in Israel as it will be warm there as will Egypt if you are going there. In Italy you will find it much cooler. So a light weight jacket anorak, a fleece type top will be useful. Also an umbrella in case of rain and maybe a water proof jacket or coat. The further East you get the warmer it is. So anywhere before Cyprus and Israel will be a little cooler. Rhodes will be warmish as it nearer the far Eastern Med.

Jeans are popular at this time of the year and most trendy young Cypriots will be wearing skinny jeans and UGG boots even though it is not cold. They just wear them as it is nearly winter and they want to have winter clothes which in-reality we don't need here.

So bring casual layers. Light weight layers.

That is day wear sorted, and I know you have your evening things sorted also. So no worries.

No rain forcast for Cyprus on your day here. We have three rain days in November which will not be when you arrive. I hope I am right in saying that. I will hope for great weather for you which is not hard her:)

Hi Maggie! (:

First of all, thanks for taking the time to write all of that! :D This will definitely help me figure out what kinds of daywear to pack!

LOL a lot of teenage Vancouverites are wearing skinny jeans and UGGs too! (Me included :p), but to be fair, with reason. It is getting really cold nowadays! For the past week, FOG SO THICK that you can pretty much only see what is immediately. And my gosh, mornings are so cold. It feels like I got thrown into a freezer and left to die there :D :D :D

Thanks! ^^ I definitely hope that we won't be getting any rain during our trip. I don't think I have any waterproof jackets! o_o!

Thanks again,

Sarah,

Others have given you great advice about what to pack. I would take a waterproof (not water resistant) light weight jacket. As others have said, layering prepares you for almost any kind of weather. I hope you and your family have an amazing voyage. I look forward to your review!

You probably can find a nice waterproof jacket and good quality fleece to layer with other clothes at MEC (Mountain Equipment Clothing) in Canada. Their sales help can also assist you with advice on a lot of travel clothing options. Unfortunately, they can't help you out with formal or semi-formal!

Sarah,

Others have given you great advice about what to pack. I would take a waterproof (not water resistant) light weight jacket. As others have said, layering prepares you for almost any kind of weather. I hope you and your family have an amazing voyage. I look forward to your review!

Thanks Beth! (:

I agree! I was very unsure of what type of clothes I should pack, since I was actually anticipating cold weather since it's Europe in November, so I'm really appreciative to everyone who gave me a heads up about the somewhat hot, maybe rainy, kind of cold at night weather!

I'm actually not very sure I have a waterproof jacket though LOL. But I'll try to figure it out :D

Thank you very much! I will do my best regarding my review! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Dearest Sarah

Your ears should be ringing about what I have posted about you on the HAL board. However, what you need to pack is definitely your charming smile, your sweet and respectful attitude, which you seem to have in abundance, and of course your natural curiosity.

Your camera and its batteries and memory cards and some moves, with your camera which seems to be umbillicaly linked through your arm to your curious brain.

Very cool,tres interessant, cheri!

I am hoping to do some kind of review on my trip to the Antarctic in December but I would only do so with your blessing. You are the master, and I really mean that, Your photographs are of good quality and you have an instinct of which to shoot and incorporate into your review, That is indeed an art, to captivate an audience, Nearly 100 000 views can attest to that.

As for the Med, be sure to pack a dictionary that teaches you how to say no in Greek, German, Spanish, Italian, Albanian, and wherever else you go to. You are sure to captivate some romantic Mediterraneans and you need to know how to deal with them firmly!!!!

Have a wonderful time. I am waiting with interest to see which artistic path you will be following this time.

Best wishes

Tracy

David.

What has that got to do with their question ???

• 2 weeks later...
Dearest Sarah

Your ears should be ringing about what I have posted about you on the HAL board. However, what you need to pack is definitely your charming smile, your sweet and respectful attitude, which you seem to have in abundance, and of course your natural curiosity.

Your camera and its batteries and memory cards and some moves, with your camera which seems to be umbillicaly linked through your arm to your curious brain.

Very cool,tres interessant, cheri!

I am hoping to do some kind of review on my trip to the Antarctic in December but I would only do so with your blessing. You are the master, and I really mean that, Your photographs are of good quality and you have an instinct of which to shoot and incorporate into your review, That is indeed an art, to captivate an audience, Nearly 100 000 views can attest to that.

As for the Med, be sure to pack a dictionary that teaches you how to say no in Greek, German, Spanish, Italian, Albanian, and wherever else you go to. You are sure to captivate some romantic Mediterraneans and you need to know how to deal with them firmly!!!!

Have a wonderful time. I am waiting with interest to see which artistic path you will be following this time.

Best wishes

Tracy

Dear Tracy,

Thank you so much for your kind words (:. I'm sorry to say that I was unable to read this wonderful comment until I got back from my trip! (My plane landed yesterday at 2am) Haha you are too sweet :) I definitely will look forward to your review when the time comes! Your comment on how my camera is pretty much umbillically linked to my arm is hilarious! :D Hilarious but true LOL. I took about 50+ GB of pictures and videos on my trip!! And when I went to eat at the buffet without my camera once (disembarkation day, it was stowed away in luggage), and finished eating and left, it felt so empty LOL. It felt as though you left your purse behind or something, and I went back to check if forgot anything because somethibg felt like it was missing! ^^

I actually found free Wi-Fi in Haifa and checked CC and saw that my review actually hit 100 000! :) I was (and am) absolutely thrilled and thankful!

I forgot to look up words in others languages before leaving so I just spoke English in simple words and mimed actions :D

Thank you again!

Sarah