Seatac to light rail walk

lstrong

How long/hard is the walk from baggage claim to light rail station? Is it doable with rolling luggage for 70 year olds? Hoping to save cab fare to downtown. Thanks

It's easy in that it's a flat surface and covered the entire way. Basically you're walking along the perimeter of the airport parking garages.

BUT depending on which baggage claim you're starting from, it takes 7 - 10 minutes. That's my time frame anyway; I travel with one wheeled case and a tote and I've had 3 knee surgeries.

Are you exiting at Westlake? If so look for the elevator if you need it. And there are 2 exits so choose the one that's closest to your hotel.

p.s. video of the walk

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Public-Transit.aspx

Edited by mapleleaves
ps

Thank you so much mapleleaves!!! Just what I needed to hear (and see). Yes we are exiting at Westlake. I didn't realize there would be two exits. We are staying at Roosevelt Hotel. Guess I need to call them to find out which exit to take. Thank you again, Laurie.

i don't pay attention to the exits anymore, but I think they're 3rd and 4th. Since your hotel is on 7th and Pine, choose the highest number. You'll be walking uphill so you want to lessen that walk. :) Plus it's easy to get turned around when you don't know where you are or where you're going.

There is an exit from the station that comes up by Nordstrom between 5th and 6th...turn left out of exit and hotel is across the street in about a block and a half. It's not really uphill, just a slight grade. Very easy to walk, even with luggage.

You can google the hotel in maps and the Westlake Station exit is on Pine.

I used to walk back and forth from 9th to the market alot when I worked downtown for many years.

Edited by crzndeb

• 2 weeks later...