Carnival paradise vs RC oasis

izumba4me

I am considering cruising with my 7 yr old daughter in October., just the two of us. I have a couple questions. I had decided on carnival but then my travel agent showed me the oasis cruise which sounds amazing. It is double the price & goes to Cozumel & Nassau. Is it worth splurging given her age? Also if we go in October, I will be taking her out of school. Do you feel there will still be enough kids there for her to play with at the kids camps? Any input would be great. Thanks.

I am considering cruising with my 7 yr old daughter in October., just the two of us. I have a couple questions. I had decided on carnival but then my travel agent showed me the oasis cruise which sounds amazing. It is double the price & goes to Cozumel & Nassau. Is it worth splurging given her age? Also if we go in October, I will be taking her out of school. Do you feel there will still be enough kids there for her to play with at the kids camps? Any input would be great. Thanks.

Has you daughter been on a cruise before? If not, I might go with the less expensive option, as she will love it just because it's her first cruise. If she has cruised before, I might look for a bigger, newer ship with more bells and whistles.

Is Oasis worth the extra money? Everyone (well, mostly everyone) raves about the ship, as there is nothing else like her. That being said, if money is a factor, it would save Oasis for that once-in-a-lifetime cruise. From what I have read, I do not think your daughter is too young, but there are lots of great ships that may be a little less expensive and just as good (e.g., Freedom of the Seas).

There will be less kids in October, but still plenty for her to meet and play with. I think I read one person recently sailed on her in Oct or Nov, and there were only 150 kids, but that's still a lot of kids. In summer, you can get between 1,000-1,500 kids on Oasis. We had less than 50 on our cruise this past Sep, and my son had no problems meeting kids to play with...

Good luck with your decision. I sure your daughter will love either cruise!

I totally agree with the above poster. Start small. She will be awed and wowed with Paradise and there will be lots to do and explore. If she likes it, you can move up from there. Just to clarify...Paradise may be among the smaller ships available, but she is not small. Your daughter will find it huge. Oasis is sooo much larger that she might feel overwhelmed. EM

We took our 4 and 7 year olds on their first cruise in Feb 2013 on the Paradise. They had a blast!!!! Even though is is one of the smaller ships, it is still big and had plenty to do. I really liked the intimacy. Camp Carnival was amazing. The staff was wonderful. The ship was clean and the food was great. I'm all about saving a few bucks so I'd totally go for the Paradise. Well worth the money spent. Would love to go on her again!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app