Drink Packages-please clarify

I was under the impression initially that RCCL made everyone in the stateroom over 21 purchase the drink package even if only one person wanted it. This was also verified at the RCCL website.

When booking the Oasis, I called and explained that while I drink, my traveling companion does not AT ALL and asked if it was possible for only one of us to buy the drink package. I was told there was a policy change and yes, only one can buy the package.

I cannot find this in writing anywhere so I'm hoping someone can clarify this issue for me.

Thanks!

I was under the impression initially that RCCL made everyone in the stateroom over 21 purchase the drink package even if only one person wanted it. This was also verified at the RCCL website.

When booking the Oasis, I called and explained that while I drink, my traveling companion does not AT ALL and asked if it was possible for only one of us to buy the drink package. I was told there was a policy change and yes, only one can buy the package.

I cannot find this in writing anywhere so I'm hoping someone can clarify this issue for me.

Thanks!

Not everyone has to buy the package any longer.

I am happy that they change the drink package.. Now I can get the $20 package and one with liquor The way they were going I would not have bought the drink package. because my love one does not drink