Flat fare from Manhattan cruise terminal to JFK

LounVal

I read two different prices on line for the cost of a cab from Manhattan cruise terminal to JFK. From what I understand taxis charge a flat fare from anywhere in Manhattan to JFK. I saw one price of $47 and one of $52 on the nyc.gov site.

We are getting off the Splendor on Saturday Sept 6, 2014. Can anyone confirm what the flat fare. I don't care which it is I just want to confirm it is a flat fare in this ballpark. I don't want to get to JFK and have the guy tell me I owe $100. Also, the shuttles I looked at said it would take about 90minutes to get to the airport, I can get to my family's home upstate in that amount of time. How long do you think a taxi should take?

Thank you

The flat fare for a NY City taxi between Manhattan and JFK (in either direction) is $52.50 plus tolls (if any...it depends on the route taken) and tip (customarily 15- 20% of the fare).

The major car services offer similar fares...sometime a couple of bucks less if you have a coupon. Two of the largest are:

Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com

Carmel http://www.carmellimo.com

You should reserve in advance if you want to use one the the car services.

Because traffic to the airport can get very heavy at times, 90 minutes provides a safe margin. It might take you half that time if traffic is light, but light traffic is not something you should count on when going to JFK.

Edited by njhorseman

I read two different prices on line for the cost of a cab from Manhattan cruise terminal to JFK. From what I understand taxis charge a flat fare from anywhere in Manhattan to JFK. I saw one price of $47 and one of $52 on the nyc.gov site.

We are getting off the Splendor on Saturday Sept 6, 2014. Can anyone confirm what the flat fare. I don't care which it is I just want to confirm it is a flat fare in this ballpark. I don't want to get to JFK and have the guy tell me I owe $100. Also, the shuttles I looked at said it would take about 90minutes to get to the airport, I can get to my family's home upstate in that amount of time. How long do you think a taxi should take?

Thank you

If you take a NY yellow cab, the flat fare will appear on the meter and you can charge it(and the toll and the tip). If the cabbie tries to charge you more than that get a receipt or merely write down the cab medallion number which will be something like 8c75...and file an overcharge complaint at http://www.nyc.gov/tlc and if possible get the cabbies name and license number

believe me the last place a cabbie wants to be is before a hearing office at the tlc..and you don't have to be present at the hearing!

Know the company where you get it from if you use a car service limo company. Limo companies do charge waiting time if they have to wait for you.

If you take a NY yellow cab, the flat fare will appear on the meter and you can charge it(and the toll and the tip). If the cabbie tries to charge you more than that get a receipt or merely write down the cab medallion number which will be something like 8c75...and file an overcharge complaint at www.nyc.gov/tlc and if possible get the cabbies name and license number

believe me the last place a cabbie wants to be is before a hearing office at the tlc..and you don't have to be present at the hearing!

Know the company where you get it from if you use a car service limo company. Limo companies do charge waiting time if they have to wait for you.

Great advise about the car service charging a waiting fee. Just going with the cab. Cashed out my loose change bank on my night stand and it came to $63.00. I allocated it to the cab fare and tip. Kind of like found money!

thanks for all the input.

Lounval, taxis don't use the meter between JFK and Manhattan (in either direction).

As njhorseman said, the flat fare is $52.50, plus tolls and tip.

yes they use the meter. its programmed into the meter For trips between (to and from) Manhattan and JFK International Airport, the flat fare is $52.00 plus any tolls using Rate Code 2 on the meter. plus A NY State Tax Surcharge of $.50 will be added to each trip.