Barcelona apartment or hotel

Deebs2

We are in Barcelona for 3 nights pre cruise in July, then 2 nights post cruise. Would you recommend an apt for a family of 4 or a hotel?

Currently I have an apt booked for our pre-cruise and hotel after, but I'm wondering if the apt is the best idea. I thought it Would be nice to have the extra space, a washer and dryer, and be able to have breakfast in, but now I'm thinking I may miss the "hotel" experience....thoughts??

We are in Barcelona for 3 nights pre cruise in July, then 2 nights post cruise. Would you recommend an apt for a family of 4 or a hotel?

Currently I have an apt booked for our pre-cruise and hotel after, but I'm wondering if the apt is the best idea. I thought it Would be nice to have the extra space, a washer and dryer, and be able to have breakfast in, but now I'm thinking I may miss the "hotel" experience....thoughts??

This is very much a case of personal choice. Some people like, as you say, to have washing and cooking facilities - especially useful if you have young children. It can also work out cheaper than a hotel for a group or family.

Some people prefer the full service and facilities of a hotel.

One other thing is, in Barcelona, most apartments (apart from the more expensive ones) tend to be in less popular areas.

There are a few aparthotels which are a cross between an apartment and a hotel.

Do you have a particular apartment in mind? Where is it?

I do Vacation Rental Apartament-Restaurant Hispanos 7 Suiza -Barcelona . Carol, what do you know about this? Thanks!

Seven of us ladies stayed here and it was very nice. We had a three bedroom apartment, 2 baths, kitchenette with washer & dryer, living room, dining room and a very large porch. We only stayed there one night, but it was perfect for us.

I have a family of 5 that is traveling in October. I found it to be much cheaper with an apartment then a hotel. And that we can all be together in one place.

The apartment I picked up was by the Placa Catalunya area.

Cant Wait!!

We are booked C. sant Pau

ID 458344 - flip key

Address. 10 Sant Pau

Apt 3-2

Barcelona - 08001

It's supposed to be close to Ramblas...anyone have any insight??

I don't k know the apartments but I do know C/ Sant Pau. It is a small road just off Las Ramblas and near Liceu metro station.

My wife and I stayed at the Barcelona Pullman down real close to the Marina. It was a great location within walking distance to many marina restaurants and amazing Paella. the hop on and hop off bus stopped almost right out in front of your hotel and it was easy to get around. I can't say enough about the Barcelona Pullman skipper hotel. Plus it had a very nice breakfast buffet and pool.

we have booked Hotel Majestic, any comment?

Very excited :)

Wish someone had this info, our TA is recommending the Majestic, but I don't know... One of her clients just recently stayed (in the apartment part) and really like it, BUT they had something stolen when they stopped at a coffee shop. (It was stolen at the shop not at the hotel) They did say that crime, pickpockets, snatches etc. was really bad. So keep your valuables close.

Archived