Southwest Now Open Thru 5/10

MrBill64

got mine at 10:05 this morning. Was surprised there were only 2 flight available each way STL to FLL on 3/24, return 3/31. This evening there are 2 others for the trip down. We paid $340 round trip, but could have done better if we took a later flight down and stayed a day later in FLL. Would have easily paid more than the difference for meals, hotel, etc for the extra day.

Glad to have finally booked, one more thing I can cross of the list.

Becky

You are traveling to Florida during spring break. It won't be cheap on any airline.

I think $137 round trip is pretty cheap for spring break. Chciago (MDW) to FLL.

It's going to get tougher because a lot of states are having all their schools on the same schedule for spring break.

I really thought that my dates, 4/7 - 15 would be about the worst price-wise. Surprised to see that March is worse.

But everything is relative. Becky, your 340 looks wonderful compared to AAs $500. As Howie Mandel would say "Becky, you made a great deal!"

I can’t believe the fares some of you have been able to get. I was on SW’s web site first thing yesterday and the fares had not been released yet. Kept on checking through the day but when they finally released them I kept getting a message that said no flights were scheduled for my travel dates from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale, March 23-31. So I called them directly and go right thru but the agent said that she could not see them either and that the entire schedule was not available yet. So I waited until later in the evening and when I did get the flights to come up all of the cheaper fares said unavailable! So I called them again and the agent said that she could see the lower fares, $99-$149, but the best fare she could offer was $338 plus taxes and the return flight had to be 11:50am, which is impossible since we are cruising out of Miami!

I must have been in there early enough yesterday. I was able to get the $45 pp rate for March 31st from Baltimore to Tampa. Total for my family of four to fly one way was $237 with the taxes. I then went back in yesterday afternnon and this rate was unavailable and the lowest was $139. I guess my timing was perfect. Our flight home is running $96 pp on Air Tran, which still isn't bad at all. I haven't booked that yet, hoping it may go down even more. I know I better get it while I still can!!!

$59.00 each way Chicago to Tampa 3/22 - 4/2. Just looked this morning the cheapest was $129.00 each way. It pays to check twice everyday:D .

Dave:eek:

BTW we also had $109.00 credit from the fare reduction in another flight in January, so one of the tickets was really only $20.00.

I checked the rates for the flights we booked yesterday, now the cheapest rate for the same flight is $140 more. I feel bad for anyone who wasn't able to book them yesterday. I'm disappointed that they waited so long to release the schedule that it has put so many people in a bind. We would have booked AA a few months ago but had this voucher which would be expiring. If we had watched so closely and had waited even a day, the voucher savings would have been negated by the difference in fares today. So sorry for those who had trouble with the site.

Becky

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked a $84 plus tax one-way Internet special on SW from LAX to IAD, April 11. It worked out to $102 inclusive of all taxes. It has one stop but not long, and the next day's airfare more than doubles so paid to come back the same day as disembarkation. Very cool! I was ready to despair but kept checking all the regional airports and don't think I'd do any better than this cross-country. On the way out, we're taking JetBlue into LAX for $159pp, which isn't as good BUT no better to be had on the day before the cruise plus we are coming into Long Beach -- closer to the pier, so cheaper ground transport! :)

Archived