Transporation to Grand Case

gdwest

We will be docking on the Dutch side. Our tentative plan is to travel to the Grand Case for lunch.

Looking for advice as to the transportation, and also, any restaurant recommendations in Grand Case (French).

Thanks!!!

We will be docking on the Dutch side. Our tentative plan is to travel to the Grand Case for lunch.

Looking for advice as to the transportation, and also, any restaurant recommendations in Grand Case (French).

Thanks!!!

We either grab a taxi, or, if we're feeling adventurous, take the bus. The taxi driver can recommend a good restaurant and bring you straight there. The bus is around $2 per person, and is an adventure! lol Just ask a local where the bus stop is. The buses are actually large vans and there is a sign in the window that says where they're going.

Taxi from the pier is about $25 for 2 each way and takes about 45 minutes.

There are many great restaurants in Grand Case and some of those are open at lunch. Le Soleil followed by Sunset Cafe are my favorites that are open for lunch with Calmos Cafe my third choice.

I would suggest doing your research and not relying on a recommendation of a taxi driver in this case. I have heard first hand from owners of restaurants in Grand Case that some drivers ask for a fee for dropping off customers and when they don't get it they take their customers somewhere that they will.

We either grab a taxi, or, if we're feeling adventurous, take the bus. The taxi driver can recommend a good restaurant and bring you straight there. The bus is around $2 per person, and is an adventure! lol Just ask a local where the bus stop is. The buses are actually large vans and there is a sign in the window that says where they're going.

Very interested in how you get to Grand Case from Philipsburg by bus for $2.

My understanding is that there is no direct service, and one must take a bus to Marigot and then transfer to another bus to get to Grand Case, paying the $2 fare each time.

gary