Beach Loungers on Labadee

jada675

• 3 weeks later...

We rented the Beach Loungers on our recent cruise with a stop at CoCo Cay. The Loungers are located on Barefoot Beach. The area is really nice. Only those that have reserved a Lounger are permitted in the area, which is a pretty good distance from the tender boat dock. We were transported to the beach and transported to lunch. There is a bathroom dedicated to this area and the water/beach is nice. As seen in the pictures below, the water is very accessible.

The area has its own bar and the Loungers come with bottled water, two beach mats and a plate of fruit.

IMG_2052.jpg.07b5ef9115b0ada4e77b167491a60522.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg.e05439e897bbf85c89099d1224ccc4d9.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg.ed1f19b1135ef46db6e605826e769294.jpg

We rented the Beach Loungers on our recent cruise with a stop at CoCo Cay. The Loungers are located on Barefoot Beach. The area is really nice. Only those that have reserved a Lounger are permitted in the area, which is a pretty good distance from the tender boat dock. We were transported to the beach and transported to lunch. There is a bathroom dedicated to this area and the water/beach is nice. As seen in the pictures below, the water is very accessible.

The area has its own bar and the Loungers come with bottled water, two beach mats and a plate of fruit.

thanks for the info and pictures. I'm with you on the secluded part of it, it looks great

Recently back from a sailing on the Allure to Labadee - the beach loungers with clamshells are located on Adrenaline Beach - just past Dragon's Plaza on the left as you are walking off the ship.

There are no clamshells on Columbus Cove now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
As Carol said, it's not the loungers you are paying for, it's the clamshell shade things. Loungers are free, and we've always been able to find some shade near a tree.

Hey Bob. From everything I'm reading, on Labadee it's on Adrenaline Beach. Is it indeed secluded as per RCI's quote below? How far to buffet, bathroom, etc? Anything else included?:confused:

"Kick off your shoes and relax in style while the ocean breeze welcomes you. Total relaxation is on the horizon when you spend a spectacular day in Labadee surrounded by the luxury of your own exclusive Beach Lounger. Situated on the quiet, secluded side of our private destination, these beachside loungers serve as the perfect seaside oasis for two. Soak up the sun, nap under your shade, swim in Labadee’s clear blue waters, or unwind at your leisure. It’s paradise with a hint of luxury, set amidst the environs of Labadee."

So, to clarify....I can get off the ship in Labadee and get a lounger on the beach for free? I was trying to figure out if I need to book an excursion in Labadee or not.

thanks!

In essence yes.

But the locals hired by RCI try to run and set them up for you for a tip of $1-2.

Supposedly we are not to be made to tip, but people do.

Or you could grab your own from the pile and put where you want.

And at times there are usually enough already out when you arrive early to stake your claim.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

I was interested in more info about these rentals in Labadee. We did something similar while on Coco-Cay and it was actually a private area of the beach. You didn't have special bar service, but there was a bar there and you were driven to the area from the port, the beach area was also restricted to those who had reserved a chair. I just wondered if it was the same in Labadee?

Is there anyone that reserved the clam shells in Labadee that can share the experience? Thanks Lara

The clamshell loungers in Labadee are located on Adreneline Beach (the one under the zip line). In years past this beach has been a bit rough and rocky, but Royal Caribbean has built up a small rock outcropping to break up the waves and make the water much calmer. It is still more rocky than the other beaches, but much better that it has been. There is also a swim up bar in the middle of the water at this beach that is popular.

The beach is not a private area and anyone can go there and wander whether or not they have the clamshells. They also have the free lounge chairs without the clamshell and the more fancy beds that look like an outdoor bedroom. Since this beach is the closest one to the ship, it is generally the most crowded.