Ocho Rios - Winging it?

CruzLover80

We would like to do Dunn River Falls on our upcoming trip. I have never been to Jamaica so I was wondering can I wing a excursion booking while in port or is this something that needs to be done in advance?

I have been to numerous islands and have always booked with local excursion companies while in port never with the cruise line. Just curious if it possible and/or safe to do so?

We would like to do Dunn River Falls on our upcoming trip. I have never been to Jamaica so I was wondering can I wing a excursion booking while in port or is this something that needs to be done in advance?

I have been to numerous islands and have always booked with local excursion companies while in port never with the cruise line. Just curious if it possible and/or safe to do so?

You probably could book a excursion dock side. Taxi drivers in Jamaica are probably the worst crooks I've seen in any country. One driver wanted $50 to drive us to something we walked to in 10 minutes.

DRF as a DIY has been written up several times

I know cuz I've done the writing ... search on Dunns River and/or my name

the taxi rates are 'fixed' as long as you are in a "JUTA" taxi ... that is not to say they are reasonable or that someone who's not JUTA won't try to rip you off but a taxi to DRF is a fixed per person price for a round trip.

Google Dunns River Falls for current entry price to the park for a day ...

you can pay with plastic at the gate but cash for libations, locker, tips and trinkets is recommended ... small bills

Guides? We don't need no stinkin' guides .... we go UP THE MIDDLE

drf8.jpg