Port to Ft. Lauderdale Airport taxi cost
Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!
Has anyone used a taxi to go from Port Everglades to FLL? Is there a standard cost? How much was the taxi? Is it easy to get one? Thanks for your help! BiebzBiebz--Yes, in February. Ft. Lauderdale Airport to Pt. Everglades. The cost may depend upon how many people and how much luggage but for two of us with 3 bags, it was approximately $20.00
Taxicabs are a dime a dozen at both Port Everglades and at Ft Lauderdale Airport. The cabs are metered and the minimum fare from the airport or the cruiseport is $10. Cab fare from Port Everglades to FLL should be less then $15 with tip.Don't we wish: for us last December due to traffic and time our taxi fare was $25.00. We were floored!!!! NMnita
"The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion" ~ Arnold H. Glascow ~
- RCCL Allure of the Seas (08/12) Tropical Storm Isaac
- Carnival Freedom - Exotic S. Caribbean (Aruba, Curacao, etc.) (04/12)
- Celebrity Millennium - Falmouth & Grand Cayman (11/11)
- Carnival Dream - Eastern Caribbean (8/11)
- Norwegian Jade - Eastern Mediterranean & 3 days post-cruise in Paris (11/10 - 12/10)
- Carnival Freedom - Costa Rica & Panama (8/10)
- Norwegian Star - Mexican Riviera (4/10)
- Norwegian Sky - Bahamas (12/09)
- Diamond Princess - Alaska (Northbound) Glacier Bay (8/09)
- Carnival Destiny - Southern Caribbean (8/08)
- Norwegian Sun - Western Caribbean (3/08)
- Norwegian Gem - "Savor The Night" Celebrity Cruise (12/07)
- RCCL Legend of the Seas - Western Caribbean (4/07)
- Caribbean Princess - Western Caribbean (8/06 )
We did the reverse, picked up the car at the airport after the cruise.
We assumed, correctly, that there would be a load of taxis waiting for us outside the cruise terminal after disembarkation. We were surprised to see a bus parked beyond the taxis, with a flashing sign of airport and numerous rental car companies.
I expected to pay about half of what a taxi would charge, but was stunned to find the bus was free. The driver insists on loading/unloading the luggage, probably to force a tip out of you.
After waiting about 20 minutes, we did a quick drive to the airport where we were deposited just east, and a level above the Alamo rental desk.
I assume the trip back to the ship is also free, but saw no one getting on the bus at the airport.
Sea Princess 2/2002 Mexico
Star Princess 2/2003 Mexico (2nd time)
Carnival Pride 10/2004 Mexico (3rd time)
Diamond Princess 5/2005 Alaska
Sapphire Princess 12/2005 Mexico (4th time)
Dawn Princess 11/2006 Mexico (5th time)
Caribbean Princess 6/2007 W. Carribean
Golden Princess 11/2007 Mexico (6th time)
Sapphire Princess 11/2008 Mexico (7th time)
Star Princess 6/2009 Alaska
Mariner of the Seas 12/2009 Mexico (8th time)
Sapphire Princess 12/2010 Mexico (9th time)
Coral Princess 10/2011 Trans Panama Canal