Avoid using mycruise photo.com

Dj-Brian-D

On our 2014 cruise on RCI's Adventure of the Seas, we contracted MyCruisePhotos costing over $300. We had photos taken, brought them down to the Photo Desk, had them added to our folder. The pictures were to be added to a CD. When we went to pick up the CD, we notices that a lot of the pictures taken were not on the CD. Get this----we were told that we had to review the CD each day and tell them if any were missing. If I give you x number of pictures to be put in my folder, shouldn't they be automatically added to the CD? I have to check their work? On our next cruise, we'll make sure we notate every photo taken, background and attire.

On our 2014 cruise on RCI's Adventure of the Seas, we contracted MyCruisePhotos costing over $300. We had photos taken, brought them down to the Photo Desk, had them added to our folder. The pictures were to be added to a CD. When we went to pick up the CD, we notices that a lot of the pictures taken were not on the CD. Get this----we were told that we had to review the CD each day and tell them if any were missing. If I give you x number of pictures to be put in my folder, shouldn't they be automatically added to the CD? I have to check their work? On our next cruise, we'll make sure we notate every photo taken, background and attire.

In theory you are correct. However we checked daily as sometimes the pictures aren't correct as the photo recognition isn't always 100% accurate. We did check daily the hard copy vs. the paper copies and everything always worked out great as we were able to have the photography staff made the additions/corrections. Sometimes the port photos also aren't on the photo recognition. We make it a daily activity every evening to check. Worth it not to have any issues.

Edited by Cruise a holic

... and it is hardly a chore to check that your photograph have been recognised as I find it is much easier to find the prints if you have seen them on the screen first. [Oh yes, and I also take a sneak peak every morning to see what my husbands was up to the night before.:D]

I had no issues at all on board. Every time we had photos taken I'd go look m the photo gallery and hand them to an agent who kept them for me. We collected them all along with the CD on the last day. I ended up with way to many pictures, and many beautiful ones at that! For Christmas I had a book made on Snapfish as a gift for the hubby.

The only issue I had was that I left the email at home and they had no record on board that the photos were prepaid. It took some doing but I was able to locate the email and had no further problems.

We will be sailing on the Infinity in March and I will be purchasing another photo package for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Forums mobile app

We also had no major issues. All the photos taken were included, without any input from us.

Onboard, somehow they forgot to make our CD, which was rectified. Downloading the CD at home took a little effort, but after figuring out that I needed to temporarily turn off my firewall, all was good.

I had no issues at all on board. Every time we had photos taken I'd go look m the photo gallery and hand them to an agent who kept them for me. We collected them all along with the CD on the last day. I ended up with way to many pictures, and many beautiful ones at that! For Christmas I had a book made on Snapfish as a gift for the hubby.

The only issue I had was that I left the email at home and they had no record on board that the photos were prepaid. It took some doing but I was able to locate the email and had no further problems.

We will be sailing on the Infinity in March and I will be purchasing another photo package for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Forums mobile app

OMG- you just reminded me about a receipt/e-mail. We are sailing on Jan 4th and I also prepaid- I cannot find the e-mail receipt. I just sent the image group an email to send me another e-mail-they are closed today. Found my AMEX receipt now- and will await my e-mail receipt.

Thanks for the reminder-or I wouldn't be a "happy camper"

OMG- you just reminded me about a receipt/e-mail. We are sailing on Jan 4th and I also prepaid- I cannot find the e-mail receipt. I just sent the image group an email to send me another e-mail-they are closed today. Found my AMEX receipt now- and will await my e-mail receipt.

Thanks for the reminder-or I wouldn't be a "happy camper"

What you really need is the order number if there is a problem. It helps them track down your order. Did you take a screen shot with that on. Otherwise, do not go into panic mode [just yet!], their customer service respond quickly to emails.

What you really need is the order number if there is a problem. It helps them track down your order. Did you take a screen shot with that on. Otherwise, do not go into panic mode [just yet!], their customer service respond quickly to emails.

Hi Sue

i am trying to find the email I had a the original, receipt, but as luck would have it, may have shredded it as a duplicate! Expect to hear from the image group by Monday! Email missing. Will keep searching old email file.

Thanks

Wendy