Venice - Festa del Redentore - has anyone been?

BBMacLaird

We were there! It is truly a wild time in Venice. Every hotel was sold out and there were parties everywhere. It was an opportunity to really become immersed in the culture and history of Venice. What an excellent opportunity to experience this while on an Azamara cruise.

• 1 month later...

I'll be sailing on the Quest on July 5th out of Athens and ending in Venice on the 14th the day before the Festa del Redentore starts. I'll be spending three nights in Venice at a hotel before flying back. It would be a great idea if Azamara would consider selling a few limited number of evening passes for guests on the prior sailing that are staying in Venice post cruise to come back onboard for a few hours to watch the fireworks display. Or maybe Azamara has already thought about this? :) And yes, I wish I could just book a back to back to take advantage of this but I have limited vacation time and funds to do another sailing :)

It would be a great idea if Azamara would consider selling a few limited number of evening passes for guests on the prior sailing that are staying in Venice post cruise to come back onboard for a few hours to watch the fireworks display. Or maybe Azamara has already thought about this? :)

An interesting idea, thank you.

I've passed it along to management.

Thank you for the suggestion, LADodger99, and for your loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises!

Bonnie

I'll be sailing on the Quest on July 5th out of Athens and ending in Venice on the 14th the day before the Festa del Redentore starts. I'll be spending three nights in Venice at a hotel before flying back. It would be a great idea if Azamara would consider selling a few limited number of evening passes for guests on the prior sailing that are staying in Venice post cruise to come back onboard for a few hours to watch the fireworks display.

I don't see why this couldn't be done.

We brought friends on-board Quest for lunch on a day when in port. Had to give to the ship our friends' passport names, passport numbers, maybe dates of birth, a few days in advance in order to obtain clearances. If someone was on the ship the cruise before, all of this information is already available to the ship and, obviously, that person had already been cleared in order to sail. Nominal charge to have lunch in Windows.