Bermuda Transportation Options

Maplemoose

Having read various accounts of buses, ferries, tickets, tokens and passes and where they can be bought, I am confused because things seem to be changing while the comments are ongoing. So to keep it simple, if I want to go to Hamilton from the Dockyard and back by ferry on our first day off the cruise do I have any option but pay for everything in cash? i.e. 40 quarters for 2 of us, just to get there one way and then either 40 more or purchase tickets on the way back. My understanding is that otherwise I would have to buy a day pass for $20 each! I have read you can no longer get tokens or tickets at the Dockyard. I don't mind a few bucks more for convenience but the cost of a pass is twice as much as the fare and I really don't want to spend my time collecting dozens of US coins, not to mention bringing them all thru security! Anybody have experience with this?

Tokens were sold at at the Dockyard this year. They cost $4.50 each, so to Hamilton and back by ferry is $9 per person.

Prior to the start of this year's cruising season they threatened to discontinue selling tokens at Dockyard, but that decision was quickly reversed after a big ruckus was raised here and on TripAdvisor. Of course we can't predict what versions of passes and tokens will be sold next year, nor what transportation prices will be, so it's best to check back here shortly before your cruise.