Bora Bora Thalasso Excursion Question

Notion_of_the_Ocean

I was just wondering if anyone has done this excursion? We have been pondering this excursion or perhaps using the IHG anniversary night for staying here and were wondering what your experiences are for this?

Is it easy to book the anniversary night at Thalasso? What did you do for food if you've done this and how much are other expenses?

If you just book the PG excursion, is it easy to stay behind and watch the sunset on the property and taxi back yourself? If so how much do the taxis cost?

Any other information?

Thanks in advance.

I was just wondering if anyone has done this excursion? We have been pondering this excursion or perhaps using the IHG anniversary night for staying here and were wondering what your experiences are for this?

Is it easy to book the anniversary night at Thalasso? What did you do for food if you've done this and how much are other expenses?

If you just book the PG excursion, is it easy to stay behind and watch the sunset on the property and taxi back yourself? If so how much do the taxis cost?

Any other information?

Thanks in advance.

Three years ago I used my anniversary night at the Thalasso and it was fantastic. However now it's hard to find a day you can use it. Last I was looking into it only 1-2 days a month there was availability. Just plug in your date on the IHG website. Easy to use it at Le Moana however. Taxi to Le Moana was $20 and the ferry over to the Thalasso was free. However going back to the mainland in the evening the ferry is not free. I stopped at a grocery store before going so I had plenty of snacks and some food/drink. I used room service for dinner and there were some reasonably priced choices and were very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Officially the excursion has a shuttle to and from the marina to the Le Moana Resort where you take the boat shuttle over to the Thalasso Resort. The excursion is 6 hours long by the book and you will be returned prior to the sunset. However, if you check while on-board with the excursions desk they could ask the Resort if you made your own arrangements to return to the ship could you stay a bit later. Have no idea what the answer would be but as they say you don't ask, you will never know. Taxi's are not in big supply on Bora Bora and will change you extra for after sunset. My guess is the return from the Le Moana to the marina is probably around $30 - $40 after sunset. the resort is beautiful with lots of shade close to the water along with hammocks. Lunch is good and plentiful.

Thanks for the pics. Very excited to be going there. I will ask for a bungalow in the shallowest water as I will be sitting in the water for most of the 5 days.

Friends are joining us so it will be wonderful.

Thanks for the pics. Very excited to be going there. I will ask for a bungalow in the shallowest water as I will be sitting in the water for most of the 5 days.

Friends are joining us so it will be wonderful.

There are many where the water it's no more than waist high

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are many where the water it's no more than waist high

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have booked the cheapest and even n these I want the shallowest. I think some of the cheaper ones are becoming two bedroom pool bungalows.