Restaurant in Grand Case

gschwartz001

Personally I love Grand Case and I would suggest a place on the water for sunset and drinks such as Calmos Cafe or Sunset Cafe at the Grand Case Beach Club.

I would look at tripadvisor and on here for suggestions and mostly take note of places that are not suggested.:) To me Grand Case is not about having one particular restaurant in mind for your first visit but rather strolling restaurant row and finding one that you heard more good things than bad things about but also one that draws you in when you look at it, read the menu board posted outside and chat to a waiter or hostess prior to committing.

Many of the best restaurants are on the non view side of restaurant row. I visited 3 in November that were excellent. Le Soleil, Piazza Pascal (my first calamari and loved it but spoiled me as I didn't like the one I tried a few days later that DH and DD always raved about at Chesterfield's) :) and Bistro Caribe where I had wonderful Mahi, Mahi. Of those three only Le Soleil is on the water so for me it's great for lunch or an early dinner and I love the Sheppherd's salad and special tart ( like a thin pizza with cream and cheese, mushroom, bacon and onions) and to me they make the perfect lunch so we generally go there for lunch and save the places that aren't open for lunch, for dinner.

There are many wonderful restaurants in Grand Case and over the years the only disappointments to me were Spiga and Tastevin. My husband also was disappointed with Spiga but loved every part of his meal at Tastevin.

Enjoy the research, but do yourself a favor and have an idea but not a plan set in stone and narrow it down before you get there but make the decision after you see the restaurants and menus in person.:)

We loved Grand Case and the choices for dinner are numerous and so yummy! We stayed a week on the beach there last January and walked every night and looked at menus and decided where to eat on the spot each time.

Our two favorites were La Auberge (French) and Spiga (Italian). We didn't have reservations at either place and got lucky both evenings. At La Auberge we went about 7 - 7:15 and got one of the last tables. At Spiga we went after the parade on Tuesday night and got in without any issues.

La Auberge was wonderful from the start. The owner seated us and took our order and checked on us several times. Very nice and friendly. We sat outside and watched the people go by. I had the best duck I've ever had and my husband's Dover sole was delicious. The plate presentations were beautiful and the sides served were creative and yummy. Desserts were fabulous as well.

Spiga is just off the street with all the restaurants on it. It was recommended to us by the couple we sat next to at La Auberge. It is a beautiful restaurant with delicious Italian food. I had the homemade pappardelle with sausages and peppers and my husband had Cioppino. Both were wonderful and the desserts there were amazing. Our waiter was outstanding and didn't rush us at all.

We ate at several other restaurants but these two were the best and I highly recommend either one! Enjoy your time in Grand Case!

Edited by Ski Mom 2