Timor-Leste ?

azlew

The current and apparently the last issue (print or internet) of Islands magazine has a short statement that the Paul Gauguin will be cruising for the first time to Timor-Leste in April and June 2017 as part of their Fiji - Bali cruises.

Has anyone been there?

If so how is the snorkeling?

Looks like several people have been there (P&O) from doing a search here. I am not seeing any comments about snorkeling.

It will be interesting to see what excursions are available there or maybe PG has posted them already?

From what Islands magazine said about it, it certainly looks like a must see.

Yes! We really like the itinerary of the PG going to there in April and June 2017.

The PG pricing on their website (not including all the discounts we will get )really seems reasonable. How long of a flight is it from Bali to LAX?

I would say in the region of 16 or 17 hours but you may need to break it up.

We flew Toronto Taipei 15 hours and then Taipei Bali 5 hours not including a break in Taipei for 5 hours.

If you do go to Bali spend a day or two in Ubud area. I also have a great guide there.

Miriam

We will be doing the reverse from Bali to LAX on the April trip. The plane ✈️ trip home will be a whole new experience by itself. The longest we have ever been on a plane is 11 1/2 hours to Fiji. Has anyone ever been on Cathay Pacific before? How are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be doing the reverse from Bali to LAX on the April trip. The plane ✈️ trip home will be a whole new experience by itself. The longest we have ever been on a plane is 11 1/2 hours to Fiji. Has anyone ever been on Cathay Pacific before? How are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have been on them many years ago to Hong Kong and Bangkok. But will be on Cathay in January from Colombo to Auckland en route to Tahiti. Their business and first class lounges in HK are more celebrated than the Singapore airlines lounges. Today, I read that they retired their older aircraft.

• 1 month later...
Are there any 2018 dates for the Timor-Leste,komoda Dragon island,fiji etc yet posted for the PG?

Ia Orana Azlew,

Paul Gauguin Cruises will be sailing to Fiji, Timor-Leste, and Komodo Island on the following two Fiji/Bali itineraries in 2017:

http://www.pgcruises.com/destinations/fiji-bali/2017-04-29

http://www.pgcruises.com/destinations/bali-fiji/2017-06-07

In 2018, we are offering the following itineraries: 7-night Tahiti & the Society Islands; 7-night Society Islands & Tahiti Iti; 10-night Society Islands & Tuamotus; 11-night Cook Islands & Society Islands; and 14-night Marquesas, Tuamotus & Society Islands.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises