Orient Beach to Maho taxi time

We will be taking a taxi to Orient Beach for the morning, our ship arrives at 8:00 and then taking a taxi over to Maho for lunch and watch the planes. Approximately how long does it take to go from Orient Beach to Maho Beach and what time would you leave by to get to Maho in time to see the big planes. Appreciate any feedback!

I would allow 45 minutes travel time and hope for a bit less.

I'll assume that you are there on May 6th.

From noon on you'll see a number of inter-island hoppers and a handful of 737s, 757's and Airbus A319 and A320s.

The biggest show that day looks like Air France flying in an A340 from Paris.

That's scheduled for 2:00, but the flights from Europe can arrive as much as an hour early.

Everyone knows about Sunset Bar and Grill, but we like Guy's Driftwood Boat Bar, on the other side of the runway. It's a bit lower-key and has cheaper drinks. The pizza is supposed to be quite good, but I still haven't tried it yet.

th_DSCN1299.jpg th_DSCN1302.jpg th_DSCN1298.jpg

(click)

Unfortunately, it only has a Porta-Potty. :(

th_DSCN0987.jpg

gary

Thanks for the info Gary, very helpful. I must ask though, how did you know we'd be there on the 6th?

The date is on your phone's calendar. :)

You're from Thorndale, correct?

gary

Edited by gtaylor

Where can I check for flights? We will be there May 8th.

I check for upcoming flights on the page that Joyce Hanley-Prince has on her website. Check on the same day of the week that you will be there and flights in the future will most likely be very similar.

For the specific date mentioned above, I know that KLM/Air France (same company now) fly the big planes into St. Maarten, so I just went to KLM.com and 'booked' a one-way flight to St. Maarten (SXM) from Amsterdam (AMS) for that date. Amsterdam because that's where the KLM 747 flys from. If the 747 isn't flying that day it will show a flight connecting in Paris to the A340 -- the other big one.

gary

You know that I was just joking about the phone, right?

You had posted somewhere that you were on the Oasis in a couple weeks, which made it look like April 22nd, but you were still posting and then said you were the only ship.

That pushed it to May 6th. :)

gary